BosKonay

eBay Watch

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, K801 said:

Do you have any IRM ballast hoppers for sale?

New production run of them very likely later this year! 

• Like 4

A heads-up if anyone's after a copy of the first (1979) edition of the Doyle/Hirsch Locomotives and Rolling stock book, one going for £9 + £2 p&p.

Took me long enough to get all three!

1 hour ago, hexagon789 said:

A heads-up if anyone's after a copy of the first (1979) edition of the Doyle/Hirsch Locomotives and Rolling stock book, one going for £9 + £2 p&p.

Took me long enough to get all three!

Have you a link?

Given those locos are worth about €50, that puts a price of €150 on each of the three coaches.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Free P&P, so works out at around €460

I wish lol

e bay.png

Edited by K801

Seller has removed it from sale or some one was mug enough to buy it at that price.

Colin R

17 hours ago, Noel said:

Given those locos are worth about €50, that puts a price of €150 on each of the three coaches.

Not necessarily, having the right box and inner can add 20 - 30% to the price of a collectable item

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Posted (edited)

Quite pricey there @NIR 450 ‘Castle’ Class Just one 4000 class would take up my modeling money rations.

After look at ECM trains Bing loco I thought where i could get one so i look around and found a bargain  https://comoda.spraytanfresno.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=34882. Look at the price difference to this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SCARCE-BING-LIVE-STEAM-O-GAUGE-LOCOMOTIVE-3410-BAVARIA-tender-great-western/143589052484?hash=item216e931044:g:4r0AAOSwj~VcyxGo. Unfortunately i am not going to buy it as my ration don,t go that far but i thought one of O gauge people or anyone would like it. Its is a real bargain.

MM

Edited by Midland Man

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Midland Man said:

Quite pricey there @NIR 450 ‘Castle’ Class Just one 4000 class would take up my modeling money rations.

After look at ECM trains Bing loco I thought where i could get one so i look around and found a bargain  https://comoda.spraytanfresno.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=34882. Look at the price difference to this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SCARCE-BING-LIVE-STEAM-O-GAUGE-LOCOMOTIVE-3410-BAVARIA-tender-great-western/143589052484?hash=item216e931044:g:4r0AAOSwj~VcyxGo. Unfortunately i am not going to buy it as my ration don,t go that far but i thought one of O gauge people or anyone would like it. Its is a real bargain.

MM

That was my initial reaction @Midland Man but it does have DCC Sound..difficult one, in regards to those steamers, €49.86 is very decent, the guts of €500 is frankly ridiculous considering the condition (in my opinion anyway)

Edited by NIR 450 ‘Castle’ Class

The Bing loco is clockwork, MM. I’m also suspicious that Spray Tan Fresno has 63 Bing clockwork locos kicking around! Such things rather fun in action though and there are still a number of devotees of coarse scale clockwork and steam operation. Fine scale modelling it is not - but atmosphere in abundance!  

• Like 1

I've got a fair bit of old 0 gauge tin stuff, I love these as they're proper hefty metal and have a real 'railway' feel about them, tho they aren't scale models as such...I've got one of those mamod steam locos tucked away somewhere too, which I must dig out and play with !

• Like 1

I have one of those, the buffer beams look much shorter on mine though, was part of a set with a car transporter.

12 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Yes indeed, some are selling in UK at those prices. A few sold for €140 a few weeks ago which seemed a good deal. The market may be ripe for a rerun in a year or two given the amount of quality IRM rolling stock now in circulation.

If anyone is on the look still for a copy of the Doyle/Hirsch rolling stock books, and first edition (1979) one going on eBay just now: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Locomotives-Rolling-Stock-of-Coras-Iompair-Eireann-Northern-Ireland-Railways/233593852317?epid=87420448&hash=item366347519d:g:YF0AAOSwTsNexSVu