Alan564017

Class 121

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Very nice indeed. Do you know what chip that is? Sugar cube speaker I presume? Imagine it with livery applied!!

Paddy did say it was a sugar cube speaker under the main pcb just behind the main grills.Dont know what chip it is,but it is one if his own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Neil from wheeltappersdccsound has an ESU sound project. I have it on my 3D 121. Not sure if the standard ESU decoder will fit in the new MM 121, so PM may be supplying his own decoders for this loco.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Puka8roWms

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Neil from wheeltappersdccsound has an ESU sound project. I have it on my 3D 121. Not sure if the standard ESU decoder will fit in the new MM 121, so PM may be supplying his own decoders for this loco.

Paddy's DCC and DCC sound chips will match the PCB fitted so I don't think other chips will provide the functionality without re-programming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

The locos in those pics appear to already have the Loksound installed so I wouldn't worry about space. Anyway, ESU produce a smaller decoder which is readily available. I'm sure the likes of Wheeltappers would supply those decoders if required.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, irishthump said:

The locos in those pics appear to already have the Loksound installed so I wouldn't worry about space. Anyway, ESU produce a smaller decoder which is readily available. I'm sure the likes of Wheeltappers would supply those decoders if required.

Any decoder with enough functions will be suitable for the 121, but they will have a lot of separate lighting configurations so reprogramming will be a daunting task if you're not experienced.

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Not sure if the standard ESU decoder will fit in the new MM 121, so PM may be supplying his own decoders for this loco.

I was never worried about space inside these locos to be honest. I mean the US manufacturers can fit everything, decoders and speakers, inside slightly smaller HO models.

• Like 1

The 121 will have a sugar cube supplied as standard fitted facing into the open grille area. All you have to do to convert to DCC with/without sound is fit the 21-pin decoder. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Anybody any news?

Are things still on target for a spring delivery ?....or have things been pushed out a bit -  which wouldn' t surprise me given the complexity of model and the China situation at the moment.

I hope they're not imminent.... in a rather unfortunate convergence, my pre-ordered flats and ferts arrived at the same time as some unanticipated taras...

the Mrs Dr Gerbil-Fritters was less than impressed, and I could not think of a way of sneaking three large boxes past her Incoming Train Radar

• Funny 2

You need to be careful when you're using The (Parcel) Force. Had you used The Force correctly  you would have know how to e-Vader 😁

Edited by DiveController
  • Funny 2