Rate this topic

As my electrical skills are very basic I was delighted when PECO announced a motor that could be installed under their LK-55 turntable, this announcement was perfectly timed to coincide with the forthcoming MM 121 release,

I purchased one at the Warley exhibition last weekend and during the course of the week I fitted it to the underside of the turntable at Tara junction,

175 was the first Locomotive to be successfully turned on the table which will now see more use when the 121s enter service at the junction.

IMG_E3522.JPG

IMG_E3519.JPG

IMG_E3520.JPG

• Like 6

You must be one of the first to buy one of these. They have been on the Peco website for about a year, but only just become available it seems.

So, how does it work and how does it attach to the table, plus would it be strong enough to turn a loco weighing a kilo or more? Indeed, how is is powered and controlled?

In other words, any chance of a review, please?

• Like 1

Like David, I'd be interested in more info, ttc. It DOES look a neat job.

I note that your video was accompanied by rock music, was that to cover the noise of the thing?

I'm not being cynical - my Fleischmann job (thirty plus years old) is pretty noisy!

• Like 2

There is a one minute video from Peco on YouTube. Seems simple enough - there fixing points to glue to the underside of the TT and the motor is fixed to them.

It's a stepper motor, supposed to be very quiet and operated by push to make switches, one for each direction. £65 - reasonable value, I suppose, though the Kitwood Hill motor was being sold for a tenner and the Freezinghall one about twenty.

• Like 1

Nice work Noel. Looks straight forward enough to install, and seems to run at a nice speed. I noticed the Shamen playing there in the background, very oldskool :) 

• Like 1

A consignment of RAWIE buffer stops arrived at the Tara junction permanent way depot  from China via the UK courtesy of IRM and Accurascale here are a few photos of their arrival and one being unloaded and placed on the MPV for onward placement to a location on the main layout....

IMG_3558.JPG

IMG_3559.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3563.JPG

IMG_3564.JPG

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3566.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

• Like 10
  • WOW! 1

One of four IRM/Accurascale Rawie buffer stops has been installed on siding one at Tara junction.....

Take care when fitting the buffer stop as they are fragile.

IMG_E3569.JPG

IMG_E3570.JPG

IMG_E3571.JPG

IMG_E3572.JPG

• Like 5

18 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

One of four IRM/Accurascale Rawie buffer stops has been installed on siding one at Tara junction.....

Take care when fitting the buffer stop as they are fragile.

IMG_E3569.JPG

IMG_E3570.JPG

IMG_E3571.JPG

IMG_E3572.JPG

:drool: