enniscorthyman

Foolish drivers

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, snapper said:

strange, the video is still working for me. I know some of the crossings have extra cameras at reg plate level, I do hope they find the plonker and prosecute.

Mmm, it is for me now, too...

It is simply beyond me how cameras can be effectively mounted on roads and motorist penalized by mail and this cannot be achieved at LCs. Bonkers!

Just a heads up people !!!

The Garda Traffic Corps found over 200 dead crows on the M7 near Limerick recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu.
The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws.
By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with motorbikes, while only 2% were killed by cars.
The investigators then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of motorbike kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger.
They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Bike"

Sorry, I blame the virus...

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 3

It has also been noted that, whilst rabbits are frequently casualties of road traffic collisions, it seems that hares very rarely are.

The difference is not accounted for merely by the respective population figures. Whilst hares are far less numerous, this does not equate to the very low numbers that are found as road-kill.

An extensive research project found several different reasons, a significant one was that rabbits will make an individual decision to cross a road, and often an erroneous one, too.

Hares, however, have been found to cross in groups, and the younger hares rely on the experience of older individuals to select a safer crossing situation.

When driving, you may sometimes see an old hare lurking in a hedgerow. there will often be a group of younger hares, out of sight, waiting for his signal that it is safe to cross.

These older hares, who take on this communal task, are known as hare traffic controllers.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Could not find anywhere suitable to post this madness so here we go:

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1