Warbonnet

Project 42 Update

Rate this topic

As a customer I have voted confidence in IRMs great products over the years by putting money where my mouth was, and expect this to continue. Looking forward to running A class locos on the layout in due course, and a Deltic hauling BR ExLMS rakes. 

IRM_IMG_4340.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1

5 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Noel,

Your continued custom with IRM is much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Fran

Cheers, most of the boxes are empty with the stock on the layout being used, except for one or two wagons in the weathering queue.

• Like 1

OK as I have been experimenting with the Liner wagon bogies I just thought I would share my findings. 

For the last few days I have been running with the 10 wagon set with no modification other than removing the black axle cover at the bottom of the bogie side frame. 
Then very gently putting a small puff of Kadee 231 dry graphite powder in the area of the axle uncovered and then replacing the cover.  
With this method even the Murphy Models Baby GM’s can easily start and pull the rake of 10 wagons.

I have never had any derailment issues either pulling or pushing but I have large radius point work and 24inch radius curves. 
Really happy with my purchases now that I have a solution and have been running for 5 days without any issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have been using the same solution (Kadee 231 dry grapite) except I don't remove the black axle cap, just squeeze some into a bottle cap and apply with a small paint brush to the back of where the wheel axel sits. I don't take any wheels or caps off and it seems to work just fine.

• Informative 1

Anywhere handy to pick up the Kadee 231 dry graphite powder?    Haven't used it before...

52 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

So when are the Keg Liner wagons going to appear?? 😁😁😁

We hope to have a full update on that when the workers return after Chinese New Year! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

These are growing on me big time.

IMG_5432.jpg

• Like 8