Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Any BEV users on the forum?

Rate this topic

As a matter of interest are there any full electric vehicle users on the forum? (BEV=Battery electric vehicle, as opposed to hybrids or plug-in Hybrids). Lots happening in the EV area in Ireland during 2019. As opposed to BEV=Beverage which I know has been naturally active amongst modellers. :) 

No EV users on here? There must be at least one Leaf driver?

If somebody hits my trusty old Getz, I might be tempted to go for a Kona.

Well I've got an old land rover, and over the years I've been interested in various electric conversions folk have done to them and similarly old vehicles.

I might be tempted to try something along these DIY lines at some point....there's a firm in London that do a kit for land rovers and Morris minors, tho these are very expensive, and I certainly wouldn't be buying new cars, all way beyond my means !

On 8/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, PorkyP said:

Well I've got an old land rover, and over the years I've been interested in various electric conversions folk have done to them and similarly old vehicles.

I might be tempted to try something along these DIY lines at some point....there's a firm in London that do a kit for land rovers and Morris minors, tho these are very expensive, and I certainly wouldn't be buying new cars, all way beyond my means !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48956000

• Informative 1

Interesting, good find!

Most of this commercial available conversion stuff is still aimed at "Ritchy Rich & the Rich Folks" at the mo tho !

I must find the blog or whatever it was by the American fella who did his Land Rover himself, he made a converter plate to fix the elec motor onto the gearbox, (pretty easy really) I think it's the battery business that's the problem, with cost again, and weight. Tho a motor of that kind it can carry a hefty load no worries...