Colin R

The Cork and Muskerry Light Railway

Rate this topic

Hi Guys I am looking for any drawings or details about the locomotives or Rolling stock from the Cork and Muskerry Railway,  I have the Oakwood press book by Stanley Jenkins about the lline, but the details about the rolling stock is a bit vague any help in finding out more detail would be welcome.

Colin Rainsbury

I've got dimensioned drawings of the Cork & Muskerry loco 'Blarney' (circa 1919 as I recall) if it's any use I'll dig them out and post up a scan or picture, if I can work out how !

• Like 1

Yes please I do have one from the Railway Modeller of Blarney,  but any other drawing is welcome as sometimes different drawings show up details which are not alway shown on other drawings.

Colin

Posted (edited)

No worries, possibly best to pm copies .. as I suspect someone or other will get arsey about copyright !...😉 I'll try and get a viewable pic or two and send em in a message if that's ok...

Just sent in p.m.

Edited by PorkyP
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is a great little bit of fillum of the line that gives a flavour of it , the railway action doesn't start till about 1min in btw... the staff uniform is very smart back then too!

Edited by PorkyP
  • Like 2
  • WOW! 1

Posted (edited)

I think it was Mitchell & Kenyon footage, they did some amazing stuff in the early 1900s kind of period, well worth looking at, I think the BFI has them archived, and a lot are probably on you tube, there's one I saw, a journey from the top deck of a tram , which was fascinating, I must check em out again and see if they did any more on the railways..

Just found the tram footage, it's Belfast 1901 apparently..

Edited by PorkyP

Oops..but it does show some nice detail of carriage ends and roofs etc !

IMG_20190710_175659_720.JPG

crash-on-straight-road (1).jpeg

• Like 1

Colin

GSR diagrams (outline only very little detail) of C&M locos were published a recent edition of New Irish Lines.

I can scan a copy of the diagrams if its of help.

Apparently the authors have been unable to locate a diagram of the original locos as rebuilt into 4-4-0Ts or the C&L 4-4-0Ts