ttc0169

IRISH TRACTION-Iarnrod Eireann book

Rate this topic

Highly recommended recently released book for all modellers that enjoyed the heyday of classic diesel locomotives and liner trains of all descriptions,

Very useful for recreating in model form the various types of freight trains that operated around Ireland during the late 1980s through to the 2000s,

Well done to the author Colm O'Callaghan for putting together such a fantastic collection of photographic memories.

https://www.amberley-books.com/current-month/irish-traction-iarnrod-eireann.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keitheg6 said:

Think it's coming in the stocking ūüéÖūüéĄ

That happened me once Keith

Had to pay an extra ‚ā¨20. but it was worth it

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

I had mine pre-ordered on Amazon and it arrived last week. The book offers excellent coverage of the Irish railway scene from ca 1980; of particular interest to me are the wealth of views covering the freight workings.

Amberley have also again improved the quality of the paper. Definitely one for your bookshelf.

Ernie

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, decauville1126 said:

Thanks for  alerting this.

Now coming as part of my Christmas gift from my wife! £9.91 post free from Wordery.

Their website says cheap postage on £20 plus - did you manage even BETTER than that? A brilliant price - it's LESS than normal trade!

Enjoy.

Leslie

• Like 2

Ordered this book from the book depository a week or so ago for ‚ā¨13.80 which is a steal it's the price of a couple of magazines . The book arrived today¬†appropriately enough by An Post !. It's a wonderful book from one of the great photographers of the Irish scene covering mid 1980's to the present day with about 200 illustrations and detailed captions covering all classes of locomotives on passenger ,freight and PWD . This book is a must for anyone wanting to model the Irish scene over the past 30 years .

Just checked online the book depository is now showing out of stock I imagine it's selling faster than they anticipated, this maybe one of these sought after books selling on ebay for a fortune in years to come . Get it while you can!.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flange lubricator said:

Ordered this book from the book depository a week or so ago for ‚ā¨13.80 which is a steal it's the price of a couple of magazines . The book arrived today¬†appropriately enough by An Post !. It's a wonderful book from one of the great photographers of the Irish scene covering mid 1980's to the present day with about 200 illustrations and detailed captions covering all classes of locomotives on passenger ,freight and PWD . This book is a must for anyone wanting to model the Irish scene over the past 30 years .

Just checked online the book depository is now showing out of stock I imagine it's selling faster than they anticipated, this maybe one of these sought after books selling on ebay for a fortune in years to come . Get it while you can!.

Also available on AbeBooks at the same price after conversion and free shipping to the USA!

• Like 2

Actually I just realized that AbeBooks is also sold out now (although they're still advertising more than 10 available). It's a good sign for the book. I'm sure more will become available in due course if anyone has missed out

• Like 2