Sign in to follow this  
Warbonnet

Ordering from IRM - PLEASE READ!

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

Recently we have seen a spate of orders with a mixture of pre-orders and current stock together in one order. Can we please ask all customers NOT to do this in future? This creates untold confusion for our warehouse staff, and orders that are waiting on an item to come in for say 6 months before dispatch means you miss out on your other items for 6 months and it can get oversold on our website. 

If you are placing an order with us, please do it via the guidelines below:

1. All items currently in stock can be ordered together in one order, there is no problem there.

2. Do NOT order pre-order items and in stock items together (example, an A Class and bubbles)

3. Do NOT order two different models on pre order together (example, A and Guinness Kegs when they are opened for ordering)

4. If placing a pre-order, you can place multiple of one type together (such as a couple of A's) 

We have placed numerous advisories on the website about this, but they seem to be getting missed out. We really dont want someone missing out on a pre-ordered item as they get lost in the ether if mixed with other items. At the end of the day, we dont want you disappointed. Going forward we will be cancelling and refunding any mixed order that comes in. 

We hope the above is clear. If you have any questions please let us know. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2
  • Informative 3

No problem and thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity can your commerce suite not detect this automatically when adding items to a basket? (Ie prevent a mix of stock and no stock preorder items into a basket like amazon does). There may be a way of fooling the system into effectively doing this using product tags like perishable goods, etc, or product groupings, etc. I fell into this trap by ordering a b&I container and fertiliser on the same order but stephen kindly split the order for me after I spotted my mistake. It may be a pain in the neck for you guys but kind of a good problem to have as evidence of your product portfolio ramping up and exponential business growth. 

Edited by Noel

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

No problem and thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity can your commerce suite not detect this automatically when adding items to a basket? (Ie prevent a mix of stock and no stock preorder items into a basket like amazon does). There may be a way of fooling the system into effectively doing this using product tags like perishable goods, etc, or product groupings, etc. I fell into this trap by ordering a b&I container and fertiliser on the same order but stephen kindly split the order for me after I spotted my mistake. It may be a pain in the neck for you guys but kind of a good problem to have as evidence of your product portfolio ramping up and exponential business growth. 

Hi Noel,

No, there is no way for this unfortunately. We have tried, hence this request not to mix orders.

Thanks,

Fran

• Thanks 1