Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Irishrailwayman

Wexford Model Railway Club's Annual Exhibition 2020

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Advance Notice for Wexford Model Railway Club's Annual Exhibition & O Gauge Festival: it is scheduled for Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th May (and not Easter as for the last 11 years)! Hope you can join us for a super exhibition of all that is great about our hobby. Invitations have been issued but everyone that would like to should contact us about attending. We are particularly looking for O Gauge layouts this year but any gauge/subject will be welcome. For more see: Wexford Exhibition We will keep you posted on developments closer to the event.

A couple of views from last year's event to whet your appetite:

DSCF2759.thumb.JPG.35d0e18b6eaf7f7689bba78ad96b0a7e.JPGDSCF2761.thumb.JPG.21f7f4cef1d43e539f06d24d511dd6ca.JPGDSCF2767.thumb.JPG.3f0008b8c8329f646313ec292ca5f57b.JPGDSCF2770.thumb.JPG.58e08b9ebf0a23b6f63425d653f5a52f.JPGDSCF2773.thumb.JPG.e21e69018b01d7c9e8c57f6bf981c3e3.JPGDSCF2774.thumb.JPG.125fd151c3f9e7c86c2d0e481b800bfd.JPGLittle_Siddington_2.thumb.jpg.83fdc9023d434577d31ce77e115fc5f4.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is with much regret that the Committee of Wexford Model Railway Club have decided to cancel their planned Exhibition in May 2020. This obviously in light of the ongoing Covid-19 situation. All invitees have been apprised of this by e-mail. Thank you to all those who agreed to participate and hopefully once this situation is resolved we can all meet at Exhibitions in the future.

  • Like 4
  • Informative 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irishrailwayman said:

It is with much regret that the Committee of Wexford Model Railway Club have decided to cancel their planned Exhibition in May 2020. This obviously in light of the ongoing Covid-19 situation. All invitees have been apprised of this by e-mail. Thank you to all those who agreed to participate and hopefully once this situation is resolved we can all meet at Exhibitions in the future.

Best layout exhibition on the island, but a prudent decision to postpone in light of circumstances prevailing and public health needs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Midland Man said:

If you said that a few years ago you would have been thought crazy but it's better than nothing.

Wexford MRC hope to have an extended Wexford Festival Opera Open Day in October if this covid situation is resolved! ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wexford Model Railway Club's Virtual Exhibition has started! A range of model railway photos and videos are being posted over the Easter Weekend for your enjoyment. Join in the fun:

DSCF1272.thumb.JPG.cc8baa40704e322ca9f3bf5c6563a17a.JPGDSCF0823.thumb.JPG.6b99095b2506bb63b1d5c9ce2c202d3c.JPGDSCF1009.thumb.JPG.3316e1db3826c773d9cc11110966f09c.JPGDSCF1484.thumb.JPG.5362e452cc5f174d6dce1a6e93692704.JPGDSCF1955.thumb.JPG.d4d73c14f5c46c5589a70c618b0b8d44.JPG

DSCF3159.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, jhb171achill said:

SUPERB stuff, Irishrailwayman.

The clerestorey roofed-CIE (green) coaches - what are they?

Thanks jhb, which photo are you referring to please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Irishrailwayman said:

Thanks jhb, which photo are you referring to please?

This one, Irishrailwayman.

 

image.jpeg

 

image.png

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look like modified GWR pre1925 stock. I modified one carriage that was GWR and the look great. What is the name of that lovely looking layout and could you put up more pic of it as I do not use the ald Facebook.

MM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Midland Man said:

They look like modified GWR pre1925 stock. I modified one carriage that was GWR and the look great. What is the name of that lovely looking layout and could you put up more pic of it as I do not use the ald Facebook.

MM

It’s further back in this thread, MM.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

This one, Irishrailwayman.

 

image.jpeg

 

image.png

Actually these belong to another WMRC member - I will check and get back to you on that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Midland Man said:

They look like modified GWR pre1925 stock. I modified one carriage that was GWR and the look great. What is the name of that lovely looking layout and could you put up more pic of it as I do not use the ald Facebook.

MM

MM This layout is "Rathmichael" by John Walker a long-standing member of Wexford MRC who has produced many Award Winning OO Irish layouts some of which have been shown at Warley and elsewhere over the decades. "Rathmichael" is owned by the club and is slated for renovations/upgrades once the current restrictions are lifted. It is based on the now closed South Wexford line and is named in honour of a Founding Member of the club Michael Curran R.I.P. I only have a few photos on file but will get more soon.DSCF1606.thumb.JPG.36249ac6d7fed744b5d28bdbf65afe12.JPGDSCF1607.thumb.JPG.b167f4f9c1c04cb4cde24414d2eb8d4b.JPGDSCF1526.thumb.JPG.48323456a54efd58e75fa3de682f5f49.JPG

TotalLock.exe

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Irishrailwayman said:

MM This layout is "Rathmichael" by John Walker a long-standing member of Wexford MRC who has produced many Award Winning OO Irish layouts some of which have been shown at Warley and elsewhere over the decades. "Rathmichael" is owned by the club and is slated for renovations/upgrades once the current restrictions are lifted. It is based on the now closed South Wexford line and is named in honour of a Founding Member of the club Michael Curran R.I.P. I only have a few photos on file but will get more soon.DSCF1606.thumb.JPG.36249ac6d7fed744b5d28bdbf65afe12.JPGDSCF1607.thumb.JPG.b167f4f9c1c04cb4cde24414d2eb8d4b.JPGDSCF1526.thumb.JPG.48323456a54efd58e75fa3de682f5f49.JPG

TotalLock.exe 1.51 MB · 2 downloads

Reminded me of Wellington bridge pure class

MM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midland Man said:

Reminded me of Wellington bridge pure class

MM

That's right - all of the South Wexford stations were built to the same plan including island platforms and basic station buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Irishrailwayman said:

Actually these belong to another WMRC member - I will check and get back to you on that!

These are John Walker's Rosslare Express set developed some years ago. The engine is most likely a Will's kit on a Hornby chassis afaik. John hasn't been around for a while but I will ask next time I see him to confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use