Jump to content
Warbonnet

Guinness Keg Wagons

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Midland Man said:

How many come in the rake bundle deal?

It will be 4 packs of two wagons, so 8 wagons in total. 

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excellent model, do the keg cages clip on and off the wagon?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I'm looking forward to these. The accessory packs are a great idea too. 22ft flats with 14ft wheelbase hopefully  will be on the to do list for the future they always looked good with three cages mixed in rakes with the 42 and 47ft flats.

Rich,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K801 said:

excellent model, do the keg cages clip on and off the wagon?

Hi there,

They sure do!

3 hours ago, DoctorPan said:

Any reason for the change in pre order policy?

Hi there,

Yes, we want to move away from you guys paying up front, then waiting to get the models. This way you pay your money and get your model a couple of days later via mail order. It also reduces a lot of headaches from an admin point of view for us as it prevents pre-orders and on the shelf items being ordered together at the same time (you would not believe what a faff that is for us!

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi there,

Yes, we want to move away from you guys paying up front, then waiting to get the models. This way you pay your money and get your model a couple of days later via mail order. It also reduces a lot of headaches from an admin point of view for us as it prevents pre-orders and on the shelf items being ordered together at the same time (you would not believe what a faff that is for us!

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, while I can appreciate the issue from your point of view,  I have been quite happy to pay on pre-ordering up front for fear of being left out in the cold in the rush when items do become available particularly if for any reason I'm otherwise distracted. Have you considered the concept of accepting advance orders without payment or even a commitment to pay as Hattons do. They simply send those who have expressed an interest an e-mail when items become available and you can proceed with the order or not at that point. I would have thought that some form of advance ordering would be useful to you in determining demand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

 

Yes, we want to move away from you guys paying up front, then waiting to get the models. This way you pay your money and get your model a couple of days later via mail order. It also reduces a lot of headaches from an admin point of view for us as it prevents pre-orders and on the shelf items being ordered together at the same time (you would not believe what a faff that is for us!

Cheers!

Fran

While I can understand the logistics behind your decision, I did prefer the ability to preorder and pay upfront/by installment as it allowed me to budget my pennies from month to month whereas under the new system, the likeihood of missing out on stock does increase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with Doctorpan and Ironrod, paying up front for me is ideal and I am able to collect most of the models i want. If IRM is trying to move away from pre-paying for upcoming releases, are we able to order, when they come available and pay off for the items when we can pay them off by installments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback on this, and we do get your point of view. We had significant feedback from a number of customers that they do not wish to pay money down on a model and wait till they come in, especially if it is delayed or a significant amount of time, like the liners were. As we cannot guarantee the delivery from China time wise due to the current pandemic, we cannot nail our colours to the mast on a timeline. Right now we are giving you all a heads up that they're on the way, so you can start saving now. We are also making a lot more of these than we did with the ferts, so they will not sell out anywhere near as quick.

We are looking into facilitating installments for these, but we would have to be stringent enough of the term it takes to pay. We also have spoils and weedspray as well as the As coming this year, so it's worth throwing that few quid aside as soon as you can.

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 4
  • Informative 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

We had significant feedback from a number of customers that they do not wish to pay money down on a model and wait till they come in, especially if it is delayed or a significant amount of time, like the liners were.

Are these the same customers that missed out on the liners because they kept their money in their pockets?  So they get catered to rather than those who demonstrated and kept faith in you.  As I was trying to say in my initial post you need some mechanism to cater to advance ordering. There will always be delays we all know that.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

Are these the same customers that missed out on the liners because they kept their money in their pockets?  So they get catered to rather than those who demonstrated and kept faith in you.  As I was trying to say in my initial post you need some mechanism to cater to advance ordering. There will always be delays we all know that.

Thank you

Hi Ironroad,

It wasnt, it was people who paid and then waited a year for them to arrive. As I have stated previously more of the Guinness liners will be made than liners and ferts. You have already been given advance warning of when they will arrive, so you can save from now and prepare and you wont miss out. As I also stated, we are looking into payment mechanisms where stock can be reserved. So no need to panic.

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally I appreciated being able to pay in advance when funds are available rather than having to come up with a payment last minute before items are sold out which has a habit of happening immediately after the washing machine has bit the dust. I'm thinking that stocking up on gift cards is the answer.

Edited by patrick
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks

Let's appreciate what IRM are doing for the hobby and take responsibility for how we pay for what we buy.  Looking forward to adding a few of these to the growing fleet.

8118

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally I think IRM deserves credit for taking this approach at such an uncertain time. Once again they are taking all the financial risk in a rather unstable world.  
It takes massive confidence in the market to import pallets of wagons when people could be facing redundancy or reduced pensions. 

Congratulations to all for producing yet again what looks like a cracking model. 
 

Most importantly everyone stay safe.  Health and family first, models second!😁

Edited by NIRCLASS80
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, patrick said:

I'm thinking that stocking up on gift cards is the answer.

That's the way to go. Just the same as pre pay. :tumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted to hear the good news, I have fond memories of working the real Guinness liners in days gone by, the rattle of the empty kegs in their cages when shunting them over the hand points in Claremorris freight yard and the placing of the laden wagons for unloading was a great experience to have done,

Of course I was (and still am) partial to the odd pint of the black stuff too......:cheers:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my tuppance. Personally I prefer the idea of ordering from stock and paying for it just a few days before delivery. It gives a nice degree of certainty, and avoids the issue of delays which seem part of the specialist hobby supply business. Budgeting seems more the buyers responsibility. The guys have been very good at giving out timely information and news, so planning even with the odd delay should be possible. The gift cards is a good option, but not sure from Fran's answer above of there are any restrictions on use (e.g: if a card had say €500 on it, would it be possible to use €200 of the credit on one order and the balance on another order?, or is it one for one?) @Warbonnet Anyway these keg wagons look the business, saw one in the flesh last year at the SDMRC show, seriously impressed, even though a little out of my era, but just too dam good not to collect a few as they were a quintessential part of the Irish seen for decades.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see progress, will save pennies ! I am sure it has been said before but if packaging not fully finalised is there room in the box for a spare stack  of kegs to be squeezed in to the cornner as a bonus and help scenic fun ? 

Stay safe 

Robert 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fran,  Last question, can the Guinness flats carry the Bell containers and can the Bell container flats carry the keys? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if you take off the keg cages will there be any little yellow lugs supplied to use

for container loads.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fran,

Are all of the wagon numbers on the keg wagons different from those of the bell liner wagons? In other words will we now be able to have 8 uniquely numbered 42' wagons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, popeye said:

I was wondering if you take off the keg cages will there be any little yellow lugs supplied to use

for container loads.?

Hi Popeye,

The lugs for the cages are moulded on, so not a separate piece.

When things get back to normal we will look to provide spare container lugs.

Cheers!

Fran

1 minute ago, Wexford70 said:

Hi Fran,

Are all of the wagon numbers on the keg wagons different from those of the bell liner wagons? In other words will we now be able to have 8 uniquely numbered 42' wagons?

You will indeed! They will be new numbers, different markings etc.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Noel said:

Just my tuppance. Personally I prefer the idea of ordering from stock and paying for it just a few days before delivery. It gives a nice degree of certainty, and avoids the issue of delays which seem part of the specialist hobby supply business. Budgeting seems more the buyers responsibility. The guys have been very good at giving out timely information and news, so planning even with the odd delay should be possible. The gift cards is a good option, but not sure from Fran's answer above of there are any restrictions on use (e.g: if a card had say €500 on it, would it be possible to use €200 of the credit on one order and the balance on another order?, or is it one for one?) @Warbonnet Anyway these keg wagons look the business, saw one in the flesh last year at the SDMRC show, seriously impressed, even though a little out of my era, but just too dam good not to collect a few as they were a quintessential part of the Irish seen for decades.

Hi Noel,

regarding gift cards, yes it can be used over multiple purchases as long as there is credit remaining on the card.

1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

Good to see progress, will save pennies ! I am sure it has been said before but if packaging not fully finalised is there room in the box for a spare stack  of kegs to be squeezed in to the cornner as a bonus and help scenic fun ? 

Stay safe 

Robert 

 

Hi Bob,

Sorry no can do, but we will be selling cages and kegs as an accessory pack.

54 minutes ago, K801 said:

Hi Fran,  Last question, can the Guinness flats carry the Bell containers and can the Bell container flats carry the keys? 

Hi K801,

They can indeed, once you have lugs for the containers.

Cheers,

Fran

  • Like 1
  • Informative 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, Warbonnet said:

 

Hi K801,

They can indeed, once you have lugs for the containers.

Cheers,

Fran

Can these lugs be purchased anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use