Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GNRi1959

N Gauge GNRi Wagons - almost

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A rather crude attempt at looking remotely GNRi - and I make no claims that either of these are anywhere similar. Just a bit of 'lockdown' fun spraying two Peco wagons with Halfords Light Grey primer and lining with Railtec Transfers. So difficult under the best of lighting and having to get my daughter to show me where things were on the transfer sheet - I could just about see things. Still, fun and nothing to be taken too seriously.

Would I do it again - N-gauge wagons are expensive enough without mucking around with them!

20200515_135908.jpg

Edited by GNRi1959
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have done a small amount of conversions. I built a NCC brake van using a LNER brake van body. scratch built chassis[ same length as a Hornby 4 wheeler]and plaster card to cover the ends. have to say look very convincing but i lost the model but next time i sea a second hand one i am going to have to get it.

https://www.downrail.co.uk/rolling-stock/ncc-brake-van-33/

Looks great by the way.

 

Edited by Midland Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GNRi1959 said:

A rather crude attempt at looking remotely GNRi - and I make no claims that either of these are anywhere similar. Just a bit of 'lockdown' fun spraying two Peco wagons with Halfords Light Grey primer and lining with Railtec Transfers. So difficult under the best of lighting and having to get my daughter to show me where things were on the transfer sheet - I could just about see things. Still, fun and nothing to be taken too seriously.

Would I do it again - N-gauge wagons are expensive enough without mucking around with them!

20200515_135908.jpg

Looks very nice indeed for "N", Tony!  Big advantage for fitting more into less space.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apply the three foot rule and a bit of weathering and you have the makings of a nice new project. Certainly look good to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good start. The main thing is that you are happy with them.

 

None of my Irish stock is totally authentic but I am happy with them.

MikeO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike,

 

To be honest, I was quite pleased with them. If only I could get the hand of those tiny waterslide transfers!

 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

A good start. The main thing is that you are happy with them.

None of my Irish stock is totally authentic but I am happy with them.

MikeO

That's exactly the way to go! Anyone's layout is what they want it to be....

21 minutes ago, GNRi1959 said:

To be honest, I was quite pleased with them. If only I could get the hand of those tiny waterslide transfers!

Tony

I think they look superb, Tony. I'd say Railtech can come up with anything you need transfer-wise, judging by anecdotal evidence here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks JB, here's two more I have done using Dapol unpainted wagons. What I plan in doing is using these wagons to form some sort of a redundant siding- post closure.

20200517_143210.jpg

  • Like 4
  • WOW! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look rather distressed but it was my Halford spray coming to an end........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GNRi1959 said:

They look rather distressed but it was my Halford spray coming to an end........

Proper order too - in real life they WOULD have looked shabby almost all of the time! Pristine shiny goods wagons weren’t exactly common in the past....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new Graham Farish 2-6-4T Fairburn Tank is on the way to add to my 0-6-0 and growing wagon stock. 

Edited by GNRi1959
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use