Sign in to follow this  
ttc0169

The Road freight section at Tara junction

Rate this topic

I am gradually building up a road freight section to compliment the railway operations on Tara junction comprising of vehicles from the CIE,IR and IE period which span the best part of thirty years,

I will start this thread off with a vehicle from the 1990s Irish rail era,

Based out of Ballina freight depot was this Ford rigid truck which served the Mayo area and was branded for Rail Link traffic, Rail Link was an overhaul and rebranding for the former uniload and transtrack department with Ballina as the railhead for the traffic.

The Rail Link truck makes its way through afternoon traffic while returning to the Lakeview freight yard to reload with more supplies for the High street.

IMG_4699.JPG

• Like 5

Something from the 90's, great start to the thread Noel. I do like my vehicles, especially when connected in some way to the railways. I'll be following this with interest :)

• Thanks 1

One from the 2000's-the Road liner era when some private owner trucks were branded for Iarnrod Eireann freight use, primarily for containers and Guinness traffic,

Here we see a Volvo tractor unit and trailer on Guinness Keg duties at the Lakeview freight yard before being moved to allow locomotive 187 shunt the two axle MX wagons onto the bulk cement-see Tara junction thread for a video.

IMG_E4714.JPG

• Like 4