Jump to content

IRM Spoil Wagons Are Here and IN STOCK NOW!!!

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

1.thumb.jpg.735f1f51b70703584d20483faad6f6fc.jpg

Our latest wagon in our "Project 42" series is the most modern of all; the spoil container wagons! These wagons are in stock now, ready to dispatch today!

3.thumb.jpg.af5071db257d96c5ed465843495df89a.jpg

Who doesn't love a bit of permanent way yellow? These bright wagons were converted to dedicated spoil wagons to work on infrastructure trains. Such services have been seen across the IE system for almost 10 years now. A total of 24 wagons were converted at Limerick Works to replace the aging former barytes wagons on this duty and they debuted in traffic in September 2011.

10.thumb.jpg.e7dca8c9bc9b1ff51eee2e9a0b6f66c3.jpg

Usually found behind 071s (or occasionally 201s!) the wagons are used to clear used ballast and spoil from engineering works, side by side the HOBS wagons. They often be found stationed in the permanent way sidings at Portarlington.

11.thumb.jpg.b8342ad1aeb8aef7ef2fc2952de1dcce.jpg

More recently they have been hired by Translink to operate some spoil trains in Northern Ireland and in the past week are being used to transport used sleepers from North Wall to the south east of the country.

8.thumb.jpg.8fe7bf87a12ecce7c1718b3ada8491b7.jpg

Our model of these vitally important workhorses feature a wealth of separately applied detail and capture the distinctive looks of these wagons. A heavy diecast chassis ensures adequate weight is provided in these low level wagons, with the spoil containers faithfully rendered and featuring the run off guards at each end.

9.thumb.jpg.e636843fb389a893bb3116178da6d61e.jpg

These wagons of course feature our high specification including sprung buffers, close coupling mechanism with optional coupling bars, rotating axle bearing caps and intricate detail we expect to find on scale models of the prototypes.

4.thumb.jpg.cfbbd5de1dc268d8ef07b9a2fba08724.jpg

The best thing about this model is that there is no wait time between ordering and dispatch; these wagons are in stock now, ready to post! Packs are €100 each, with a bundle deal of all four packs for €370. So, make sure you don't miss out, order here! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ie-spoil-wagons

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoctorPan said:

Ah bugger, hope these don't sell out until payday on Monday.

 

Still wasn't expecting this announement today.

They wont! 

As there hasnt been pre-orders they will take longer to sell out, so you should all be nice and safe. We will sound klaxons if they get close to sell out.

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mmie353 said:

@Warbonnet is there any chance of paying off every so often for the full rake? To pay back in a short period of time that would be. 

thats what i always did keeps her happier when figures rise above 200 in a week questions get asked 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We will help out where possible but there is only so much we can do to help. We dont normally offer credit terms on stuff that is in stock. Email us direct and we can chat there.

Cheers!

Fran

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mphoey said:

thats what i always did keeps her happier when figures rise above 200 in a week questions get asked 

Lol I am in the same boat, except I use my credit card and she has her own so she does not know exactly how much I have spend on models over the years... I got away so far with murder on that 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mmie353 said:

Lol I am in the same boat, except I use my credit card and she has her own so she does not know exactly how much I have spend on models over the years... I got away so far with murder on that 

mine is the debit card so cant hide

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking really good. Do you mind me asking what 'spoil' wagons were used for? The name seems almost self explanatory but what exactly did they carry, how was it loaded and discharged? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Noel said:

Looking really good. Do you mind me asking what 'spoil' wagons were used for? The name seems almost self explanatory but what exactly did they carry, how was it loaded and discharged? 

Hi Noel,

It is explained in the opening post. 

Thanks,

Fran

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Noel said:

Looking really good. Do you mind me asking what 'spoil' wagons were used for? The name seems almost self explanatory but what exactly did they carry, how was it loaded and discharged? 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, I have to wait till next month and  have a think about these. 121 out of the blue from RPSI this month, not to mind the other day to day bits n bobs like beans of toast for the family. veritable Avalanche of stuff coming down the line.

Question is do I really need these yokes, My ballast is glued down? :)

 If the yellow yokes on top would be available separate at some stage as I imagine they are interchangeable with the kegs and containers  some people already have it would make more economic sense to the punters instead of having rakes and rakes of 42 flats.

Just a thought.

Can I ask how Many other Variants are there to do on the 42' Flat?

cheers

George.

 

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

 

Can I ask how Many other Variants are there to do on the 42' Flat?

George.

 

The Weedspray tanks, Water barrier wagons, Open Containter coal, Open Container beat. Recently there was even a half weedspray tank and half spoil wagon used for brake force on possibly the last Sperry train.

That's what can be done but only the weedsprays are planned and left to do for IRM atm.

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mphoey said:

possibly will miss out on these unfortunatly as will sell out before money is ready 

If all these wagons sell out so quick, there should be a bigger quantity produced to cover the early

sales and the latecomers over the next year and beyond.

You can have new people coming into the hobby but won't be able to buy most things if they are all sold out.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, popeye said:

If all these wagons sell out so quick, there should be a bigger quantity produced to cover the early

sales and the latecomers over the next year and beyond.

You can have new people coming into the hobby but won't be able to buy most things if they are all sold out.

In fairness, no company can be expected to keep vast amounts of cash tied up in stock that 'might' sell at some undefined or distant point in the future. Newcomers, latecomers, etc. can always avail of future production runs when they happen. In the meantime we are constantly reacting to demand by increasing the size of our production runs within reason. :) 

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garfield said:

In fairness, no company can be expected to keep vast amounts of cash tied up in stock that 'might' sell at some undefined or distant point in the future. Newcomers, latecomers, etc. can always avail of future production runs when they happen. In the meantime we are constantly reacting to demand by increasing the size of our production runs within reason. :) 

Maybe you could add a "vote for re-run" button to sold out items in the shop so you have a rough idea what might be the most popular. Just an idea.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness to the lads, they've done a rerun of the bubbles this year and have mentioned that they will do a rerun of the ballast hoppers.  I'm sure in a year or so, if the demand is there, we'd see a rerun of some of Project 42 - even if it's just the flats. Especally with the loads on sale seperately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Maybe you could add a "vote for re-run" button to sold out items in the shop so you have a rough idea what might be the most popular. Just an idea.

We can tell that from sales figures, but thanks for the suggestion. :) 

11 minutes ago, DoctorPan said:

In fairness to the lads, they've done a rerun of the bubbles this year and have mentioned that they will do a rerun of the ballast hoppers.  I'm sure in a year or so, if the demand is there, we'd see a rerun of some of Project 42 - even if it's just the flats. Especally with the loads on sale seperately.

Exactly! And plenty more new goodies on the way too!

Been an interesting thread this, some saying "oh no, not more new stuff!" and others saying "we want more, more!!!" We hear both sides, but it is taking the discussion on the wagons themselves off topic, so lets keep it to the spoil wagons please.

Cheers!

Fran

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent to see these released. On my shopping list.

Any plans to do a re-run of the current liveried Tara's as per the first run? 

Also, a current spec grey livery 071 minus cab handrails and with electric handbrake would be nice,  just saying 😋.

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

We will help out where possible but there is only so much we can do to help. We dont normally offer credit terms on stuff that is in stock. Email us direct and we can chat there.

Cheers!

Fran

Maybe you should check out Flexi Fi as a payment option for Ireland. Would be similar to Paypal credit in the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my era - but gave the piggy bank a good shake and ordered a pack!

I might have to get a new delivery address as the commercial invoice on the outside - while understandable from a business point of view - is starting to attract the attention of the customs authorities at Chez Edo........"another package for you eh...."..........god help me when the A Class order lands........

  • Like 3
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Edo said:

Not my era - but gave the piggy bank a good shake and ordered a pack!

I might have to get a new delivery address as the commercial invoice on the outside - while understandable from a business point of view - is starting to attract the attention of the customs authorities at Chez Edo........"another package for you eh...."..........god help me when the A Class order lands........

intercept the postman at the end of the road

 

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we are now spoil (t) for choice.  

One pack ordered to allow sperry train and weedkiller potential later - just need the coach and tooled up to be the genbrake as well... you know you want to.... 

Oxford diecast do some good plant so hopefully these will appear on layouts at some time . recent phots had a jumble of older concrete sleepers as a train load as a varation to spent ballast or roadbase stone.

Robert

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Way too modern for me but many will appreciate the yellow PW. Will hold out for earlier Taras, Ballasts, coaches etc

10 hours ago, mphoey said:

thats what i always did keeps her happier when figures rise above 200 in a week questions get asked 

If I recall you can pay with PayPal which you just sign up for and sometimes you can avail of PayPal credit over 6 months to give you a chance to spread the cost maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those curious as to what can haul them, the list can include 8208 in the unique Enterprise livery, worked a rake down North Wall-Portlaoise on Friday 8 June 2012. Something a little different to a grey 071!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use