Murphy’s Models 071 loco and MK III’s rolling stock wanted

Rate this topic

Keano30

696E785B-56CE-4520-ADB4-EB7C56806D4E.jpeg.c81776017812cc9a765042b3d2d6a447.jpeg

Has anyone got a class 71 they want to sell. I’m particularly interested in the 077 or 078 or if you know anyone who is selling I’d be interested to hear from you.

I’m also after some rolling stock, MK III’s with the “intercity’ white text on the sides.

A7E9FAED-9FFC-46EE-B57C-08C8C4DED135.thumb.jpeg.9620fadfd95b2c8a1b9b95534f8293be.jpeg

many thanks

Edited by Keano30
  • Like 1

Try WRENNEIRE or Chris Dyer for the 071's, although you may need to commission a respray from Chris if your desired livery is unavailable.

Those coaches are like gold dust. Finding a rake may not be easy. If we're blessed, maybe we'll see more of them released some day, to couple up to the lovely new A Classes!

Edited by DJ Dangerous

@Keano30 Yes Chris Dyre sales have IR/IE mk3 intercity coaches for sale RTR, no respray needed by you, they come fully finished. He gets them professionally resprayed using Hornby donors. I would not be surprised to see high quality fine scale mk3 RTR coaches on the market sometime in the next three years and they'll sell like hot cakes faster than anything we've ever seen.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Noel said:

@Keano30 Yes Chris Dyre sales have IR/IE mk3 intercity coaches for sale RTR, no respray needed by you, they come fully finished. He gets them professionally resprayed using Hornby donors. I would not be surprised to see high quality fine scale mk3 RTR coaches on the market sometime in the next three years and they'll sell like hot cakes faster than anything we've ever seen.

I think that @Keano30 is after Mk2D's rather than Mk3's.

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I think that @Keano30 is after Mk2D's rather than Mk3's.

Ah Sorry the second photo threw me off (ie the mk3). Most MM Mk2d liveries long since sold out. Marks Models and Hattons still have a few super train livery versions in stock. IR/IE are rare as hens teeth on ebay. But they do turn up occasionally at swap meets, and toy fairs (eg Stillorgan). An option remains to respray or commission respray of Hornby or Bachmann mk2f coaches at least then as resprays they will have the correct shade of orange/tan/golden brown (ie rather than the MM yellow shaded ones). Was somewhat fortunate to source some IR/IE versions from Chris Dyer about 7 years ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keano30 said:

Thank you chaps , appreciate the responses. Sounds like I got my references wrong, I’m looking for the coaches in the photo. Are these MK3’s?

The photo shows a Mk3 coach, as per @Noel's comment.

Nobody makes genuine Irish Mk3 coaches RTR.

Yet...

Silver Fox offer good representations of both mainline and suburban versions.

They're doing their next batch of them later this year, but I can't remember when exactly.

They're not currently offering the DVT's to accompany the suburban coaches for push-pull sets, but hopefully that will change.

Or maybe IRM will release genuine Irish Mk3 push-pull sets!

Lima did some repaints, and they pop up second-hand from time to time.

Silver Fox Mk3's:

Edited by DJ Dangerous

Thank you chaps , appreciate the responses. Sounds like I got my references wrong, I’m looking for the coaches in the photo. Are these MK3’s?

36 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The photo shows a Mk3 coach, as per @Noel's comment.

Nobody makes genuine Irish Mk3 coaches RTR.

Yet...

Silver Fox offer good representations of both mainline and suburban versions.

They're doing their next batch of them later this year, but I can't remember when exactly.

They're not currently offering the DVT's to accompany the suburban coaches for push-pull sets, but hopefully that will change.

Or maybe IRM will release genuine Irish Mk3 push-pull sets!

Lima did some repaints, and they pop up second-hand from time to time.

Silver Fox Mk3's:

Thank you DJ

• Like 1

You have two photos Keano. The first pic behind the loco is of mk2d stock. The second pic is a mk3 🙂

You may have seen the thread in the News section, that Murphy Models will be releasing both of these coach types later in this year, early in next year. 

Some mk2d coaches are still available retail (eg Mark's Models) in their original super train livery (golden brown and black, no white stripe).