new murphys products

Rate this topic

mphoey

2 hours ago, Fowler4f said:

I wanted to purchase TPO, Heating Vans and 5 1951/53 coaches from Silver Fox. They only produce Irish models in August, so I have to wait till 2022 if not longer. There is a market gap out there waiting to be filled !

All in good time, we've a few more announcements still to make this year :)

29 minutes ago, Fowler4f said:

I would much rather purchase quality products from IRM than made up items elsewhere !

2 hours ago, BosKonay said:

All in good time, we've a few more announcements still to make this year :)

oh sounds interesting will these be releases for this year or announcements for next year

27 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Cat well and truly thrown among the pigeons lol. After the NIR mk2b/c announcement I have decided it's better not to speculate as I will probably be way off.

I’ll admit my Park Royal prediction was way off in retrospect…

33 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Steam, please!

The party starts if a CIE steam locomotive is announced 

If a certain 4-6-0 tank engine gets announced, the drinks are on me 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Westcorkrailway said:

chances are I won’t be able to even afford 1 drink after pre-ordering all variants of the (insert CIE steam loco here) which likely Dosent fit my layout at all

In truth, West Cork had an amazing variety of locos - and there's a kit of the MGWR J26 available - three worked regularly in West Cork, especially the Clon & Courtmac branches in the 1950s....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

In truth, West Cork had an amazing variety of locos - and there's a kit of the MGWR J26 available - three worked regularly in West Cork, especially the Clon & Courtmac branches in the 1950s....

I don’t see many of the west cork locos being made in RTR, they just don’t have the same pull buisness wise a a V Class

I’ve had my eye on it for a while, considering my Bandon tank kits been sitting for a long time. unless I can find a builder or a pre owned one, 552/559 will have to wait a bit 

however if IRM would kindly care to make J26’sF546A5B2-C26C-4F41-8B41-75FA20D9E8CD.thumb.jpeg.e15cd55e7aa638d92e29de801c0a9c0c.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I don’t see many of the west cork locos being made in RTR, they just don’t have the same pull buisness wise a a V Class

I’ve had my eye on it for a while, considering my Bandon tank kits been sitting for a long time. unless I can find a builder or a pre owned one, 552/559 will have to wait a bit 

however if IRM would kindly care to make J26’sF546A5B2-C26C-4F41-8B41-75FA20D9E8CD.thumb.jpeg.e15cd55e7aa638d92e29de801c0a9c0c.jpeg

Forgot about that, actually - you've the Bandon Tank kit as well as the J26. But yes, you need them properly made up if like me you haven't the skills, eyesight, or both....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

Hey, West Cork you have a builder with great skill hardly 30 miles from you. Also willing to pass on his skills so you can do it yourself!  Did I not give you his contact points?

I tried to get in touch but i never got a response unfortunatly. another WCR modeller rookie has suggested I just train myself up with card kits and plastic kits, he actually managed to start the kit but was not able to finish it 

40 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Forgot about that, actually - you've the Bandon Tank kit as well as the J26. But yes, you need them properly made up if like me you haven't the skills, eyesight, or both....

I’ll make do with what I’ve got, I still need to try put a Fowler 4F chassis under this yolk!E2209D4B-D3FD-4D86-BEBD-C109E81A7C82.thumb.jpeg.dc81aeacc18c4421d41d0146d393556b.jpeg

Edited by Westcorkrailway
  • Confused 1

Rather than speculate, a serious point.

Any railway model sell more if there's something to run it with. Doesn't matter what era.

Make a RTR carriage and nothing to haul it, or a locomotive without a single suitable item of rolling stock? Doesn't make sense.

We have various locos ranging from the early 1960s to the mid 90s, with 121, 141, 181, 071 and 201 classes. We have Cravens, BR vans, Mk 2 & Mk 3 stock. We have fitted container flats and other post-1975 goods stock, ferts and bubbles.

All fine so far, and sensible.

But there are gaps in this alone, and tin vans are the glaringly obvious one, in all reality.

Now the "A" class are about to appear - and who knows, in the long run maybe a "C" or a "B101"; Silverfox already do them.

The gaps in suitable rolling stock - both passenger and goods - for the period within which the long-lived "A"s spent almost HALF of their working lives, are many and huge.

To look at an "A" class loco as something which hauled double decker beets, fertiliser bogies, and Mk 2 coaches is to ignore much of what else they did in an earlier time. Joking aside, it's not THAT long before they could be seen in Youghal with a summer excursion of fifteen 1880s six wheelers. They were to be seen sharing sheds with any amount of steam engines - 00 Works addressed this with their beautiful J15s, but they're "out of print" now. For half of an "A" class loco's life, wooden coaches of one sort or another were behind it as much as Cravens were.

To look at an "A" class as something which belongs to an era of bogie fitted freight, "tippex"-liveried carriages and beet is to forget that when built, every single thing was grey, green or silver; the black'n'tan livery even in its earliest iterations was some eight years into the future.

The BIG gap in the market - being practical and factual here - is in the earlier stuff. Now, that's not to say there's nothing yet to be covered in the 1980s and 90s, but the biggest gaps of the lot are earlier; I need not list them, it's already been done....

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

3 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Any railway model sell more if there's something to run it with. Doesn't matter what era.

Make a RTR carriage and nothing to haul it, or a locomotive without a single suitable item of rolling stock? Doesn't make sense.

We have various locos ranging from the early 1960s to the mid 90s, with 121, 141, 181, 071 and 201 classes. We have Cravens, BR vans, Mk 2 & Mk 3 stock. We have fitted container flats and other post-1975 goods stock, ferts and bubbles.

But there are gaps in this alone, and tin vans are the glaringly obvious one, in all reality.

Now the "A" class are about to appear - and who knows, in the long run maybe a "C" or a "B101"; Silverfox already do them.

The gaps in suitable rolling stock - both passenger and goods - for the period within which the long-lived "A"s spent almost HALF of their working lives, are many and huge.

To look at an "A" class loco as something which hauled double decker beets, fertiliser bogies, and Mk 2 coaches is to ignore much of what else they did in an earlier time. Joking aside, it's not THAT long before they could be seen in Youghal with a summer excursion of fifteen 1880s six wheelers. They were to be seen sharing sheds with any amount of steam engines - 00 Works addressed this with their beautiful J15s, but they're "out of print" now. For half of an "A" class loco's life, wooden coaches of one sort or another were behind it as much as Cravens were.

To look at an "A" class as something which belongs to an era of bogie fitted freight, "tippex"-liveried carriages and beet is to forget that when built, every single thing was grey, green or silver; the black'n'tan livery even in its earliest iterations was some eight years into the future.

The BIG gap in the market - being practical and factual here - is in the earlier stuff. Now, that's not to say there's nothing yet to be covered in the 1980s and 90s, but the biggest gaps of the lot are earlier; I need not list them, it's already been done....

So you're saying that we need a 29000 next?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

To be fair, that is probobly why you see the green and silver liveries not sell as well as the orange counterparts. In terms of RTR stock well……there isint a whole pile.

Obviously I’m a bit bias but I can’t wait for more of some of the stuff from tonight’s IRRS presentation (for those who could attend) to become available in model form

hoplefully one day but for now, I have to get back to re-spraying hornby open wagons grey and trying to get Bachman LMS coaches in CIE green for a lot of money! 

Edited by Westcorkrailway