"Iarnród Enda", RTE1 5th April

Rate this topic

On 5/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, Westcorkrailway said:

Ahhh yes, the traditional waterford sport of British steam engine racing

you'd swear they could've taken the footage used from ironing the land for the same effort.

but sure here I'm forgetting the time the A4s were trialled at 130 mph down the dungarvin stretch...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well they never said it was confidential! So lines they were looking for photos were Dundalk, Newry & Greenore, Lough Swilly, Achill-Westport, Giants Causeway & West Clare plus the Dungarvan o

At least you now know who all the other script contributors were ! Seriously, Patrick, having had my own material diluted at times for public consumption, no one here will hold you accountable for RTE

Ah sure that'll never happen...........!

Posted Images

By the way if you are in the UK Series 1 of Walk the The Line only available until this Friday

What a contrast with Edna's Greenways. The Achill branch was Narrow Gauge which explains the County Donegal film clip last night. Next week the West Clare whicj.features Mallard!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

Am starting to grit my teeth in fear folks...... I will possibly be making an appearance in a future episode of this series (if they keep my bit in) and I dread to think what howlers I will be forever associated with......

We will all be watching it, at least somone will be able to speak the facts!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
15 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

Am starting to grit my teeth in fear folks...... I will possibly be making an appearance in a future episode of this series (if they keep my bit in) and I dread to think what howlers I will be forever associated with......

Don’t worry Patrick. In the highly unlikely event that you are associated with any egregious solecisms, your many friends here will rally round and maintain that you have been deepfaked! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
27 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

What could they possibly get wrong about The Giant's Causeway Railway.....

The fact that it was the first nuclear-powered generator railway in the world, developed by the inventor of the greenway, William Trail.

It is also the only railway in Ireland to be operated by a train consisting of a three Quality Street tins powered by a 12-year-old cycling inside it, and when going up hills a little motor which runs on eco-friendly jojobi and kale juice.

Oh, sorry, the last bit's true.

The new "train", Paddy..... 😉

• WOW! 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1

At least you now know who all the other script contributors were ! Seriously, Patrick, having had my own material diluted at times for public consumption, no one here will hold you accountable for RTE turning your silk purse into a sow’s ear....

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, Patrick Davey said:

You’re all doing a great job of making me feel better......

Dread to think what they will do with some of my Swilly material as the film is has already been used at Waterford! My Donegal stuff has featured at Achill already

Suppose my DNGR stuff will now make it to Bushmills next with Patrick?

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

Being in Haltwhistle (Centre of Britain) I am in the fortunate position of not being able to receive the series on TV although it appears they fit in well with most of the other crap that is inflicted upon us.

I can also take satisfaction that at least the fees received paid for Sligo & Donegal Junction aka CBSC No 5.

• Funny 1