Jump to content

IRM A Class Sales Leader Board - Which Ones Are About To Sell Out??

Rate this topic


Warbonnet
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Galteemore said:

They bought some C class, Colin, and repainted. Didn’t last that long. As Wikipedia says…..

After withdrawal from CIÉ, six locomotives were sold to Northern Ireland Railways, which designated them 104 Class. They entered traffic for NIR in 1986–1987, except 105. Originally, CIÉ 224 was intended to become 105, but it was subsequently rejected by NIR and replaced by 218, which only entered traffic in 1991. 224 was left stored with NIR until it was scrapped in January 1996.

Of those that entered service, some had very short lives working for their new owners. They were stored as soon as any problems arose (e.g. a seized engine or traction motor), and the whole class was formally withdrawn in 1993 (107/109) or 1995 (the others). The locomotives involved, their new numbers and their withdrawal are set out below:

NIR number Ex-CIÉ number Stored Scrapped
104 216 September 1994 August 1997
105 218 November 1993 August 1997
106 227 March 1995 Preserved (see below)
107 228 June 1987 January 1996
108 230 December 1994 August 1997
109 234 August 1987 March 1993

227 is (kind of but not really) preserved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Galteemore said:

It’s more of a living death really 

There is a 50/50 chance that its still put there, nevermind that its a shell with bogeys

 

Shame cause i wanted it to be restored as static display and put in West Coekk, at the moment we could never take on ITG's C226 for multiple reasons. And thats the only way any loco will go there (discounting the ruston 88ds "steam engine" that we already have)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

There is a 50/50 chance that its still put there, nevermind that its a shell with bogeys

 

Shame cause i wanted it to be restored as static display and put in West Coekk, at the moment we could never take on ITG's C226 for multiple reasons. And thats the only way any loco will go there (discounting the ruston 88ds "steam engine" that we already have)

A PROPERLY restored “shell” would be fine as an exhibit, but it would have to be kept covered, at the very least with a roof. Out in the open simply is not an option long-term for a yoke like that…..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

A PROPERLY restored “shell” would be fine as an exhibit, but it would have to be kept covered, at the very least with a roof. Out in the open simply is not an option long-term for a yoke like that…..

Salt water plus silver paint made C202 look terrible after. Maybe if twad done again they could put it in green or black n tan. 

 

There is no space but i could imagine whitehead doing a job like with the CDR tank and putting next to the hunslet and sulzer inside the culta

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Salt water plus silver paint made C202 look terrible after. Maybe if twad done again they could put it in green or black n tan. 

 

There is no space but i could imagine whitehead doing a job like with the CDR tank and putting next to the hunslet and sulzer inside the culta

Which CDR tank are you discussing at Whitrhead RPSI?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

What's the A Class leaderboard looking like at the moment?

A39r is a most endangered species. As are IR white stripe liveries various. Grab them while you can, folks! 

Cheers

Fran 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warbonnet said:

A39r is a most endangered species. As are IR white stripe liveries various. Grab them while you can, folks! 

Cheers

Fran 

I may have to order an extra two and have them shipped via a friend up in Ireland...

The latest photos have me drooling even more than usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use