Cavan & Leitrim Passenger Brake Vans

Rate this question

Phil3150

Question

As some relief from the micro-soldering on my 2-4-2 tank I decided to make a start on something simpler and build a passenger brake van or two. Simpler? Like everything connected with the C&L, once you start looking into things they get more and more complicated. Never mind all the other differences, let's start with the livery. Pictures of 14L in Smoke Amidst the Drumlins (p38) and The Last Decade (p54) show it to be in "pristine" condition (That's what they call it now, is it not?). The first of those is dated September 1957 - spot-on for my model - and I suggest that it must have been very recently repainted to remain in that condition. In 1955 CIE introduced a new lighter shade of green than that used previously so, unless supplies of the new paint had not yet reached Ballinamore, I would have expected 14L to be in the lighter shade. The photos suggest that to be the case but does anyone have any knowledge or views?

Thanks

Phil

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet