Hornby R3284TTS Class A1 4-6-2 4472 "Flying Scotsman" in LNER green - TTS sound fitted

Rate this question

llienoecreip

Question

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble with my Flying Scotsman. I recently upgraded to a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance 2 DCC controller. All my loco's have paired with no problem but my Flying scotsman causes an "OvrLD" message once I place the tender on the main track. The Chip is inside the tender. I have spent nearly 2 weeks trying to solve the problem using the hornby forums. Any Help would be appreciated?

2 answers to this question

You Could;-

Try another DCC chip in the tender.

Try running it on a friends DCC system.

Remove the chip and test the loco&tender on an analogue track- you will need a blanking plate in place of the chip to do this!

If you recently had the chip out or just installed it- Check the chip is plugged in the right way around.

Check that there is no wheel shorting somehow- use a multimeter continuity test to do this.

Check the pins on the socket between the tender and loco- that none are missing or bent and causing a short.

Eoin

• Like 1