Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


murrayec last won the day on February 11

murrayec had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

740 Excellent


About murrayec

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Don't forget the Fair is on this Sunday.
  2. Hi joe123 You can get them on Expotools;- https://www.expotools.com/ and Amazon, or in Marks but call them first! This is what it looks like;- https://www.google.com/search?q=pin+point+oiler&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1_bPTtI_hAhV0s3EKHbafAaoQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1280&bih=891 A light oil preferably plastic safe, the oiler you buy generally comes filled with oil, though you can buy them empty. I've used the Expo one and the oil was OK..... Eoin
  3. @David Holman There's a scene in the station on the layout- two chaps in caps doing the light filling thing? I think I'm liking inverted buckets a bit better now..... Eoin
  4. Hi joe123 A very small drop of oil to the wheel axle bearings from time to time- clean out old oil with a swab of kitchen towel held in a fine point tweezers, and look for hair and the like wrapped around the axles and remove it. Again only a small drop of oil on the axle adjacent the bearing avoiding the wheel if possible, a pinpoint oiler is the best man for the job....... Eoin
  5. I don't like the inverted bucket roof look, I'd go with torpedo ventilators and internal lights I also pondered on those tripod items;- they could be ventilators?, or as popeye says they could be lids? or the buckets are the lids and go over the tripod? or the wire/chain to the top of the bucket might be a control wire operated through the ventilator?...... Eoin
  6. Thanks Guys for all the comments fl It's going to be black n orange white stripe above window Eoin
  7. Alphagaraphix address = 23 Darris Road, Shelly Park, Birmingham B29 7QY. Eoin
  8. Well back to the laminate build! All soldering and gluing is now complete, a little painting prep now being done- I'm using Lidl W5 Limescale Remover to clean up the brass, it does a neat job removing oxidisation and flux. The first few panels of the roof have been brushed over with W5 with a paint brush and washed down with water- sparkly! After a scrub with washing soda, next were painting........... Eoin
  9. Nice find & buy @David Holman Your post reminded me I picked up a nice find also- a Lining Wheel Bow Pen for €5.00 Comes in a neat folding case with pin lock for putting in ones top pocket, Ivory type handle and a bow type affair to load the ink. Three interchangeable wheels;- dot dot dot, - dot dash dot, - & dash dash dash, the handle unscrews to reveal a pin! could be for loading the ink or for correcting mistakes? I plan to make a few continuous wheels, but there is only 1mm width where the wheel goes through the bow- so .3, .5 & .7mm maybe. Back in its box..... Eoin
  10. I saw this back in 2017 not sure of the levels now! Article from 2016 ''Bachmann sells half as much as Hornby does in EU'';- https://masterinvestor.co.uk/equities/why-has-hornby-come-off-the-rails/ Eoin
  11. Lovely looking loco popeye. Eoin
  12. Main frames now laminated and clamped down to the bench for the day, just in case they might want to take a warp! Next step is to mate up sides and ends for dowel pin hole drilling and to route the wire slots ...... Eoin
  13. Hi Cm It was made by Tyco Model Trains and is HO scale, here is a link to a bit of history about Tyco;- http://hotraincollector.com/mantua-tyco-streetcars/ Eoin
  14. I'd like one of those for on the road! very handy for those chaps that cut you off in the traffic! Eoin
  15. Hi Dave This in a Gauge N baseboard module which is the same construction design as the one above except;- it was constructed in cheepo 6mm ply with the 40mm insulation for the deck but has no laminated internal frame like the one above. The flat gusset piece in the corners are glued to the frame and to the underside of the insulation, the insulation is glued in with 'No More Nails' glue on the 40mm edge which makes the board fairly rigid in all directions, each module weighs in at 2lb. These boards fit end to end. The end plates are doubled up with a rectangular slot to take the support system, fixing two boards together involves sandwiching the support leg between the two boards in the slot and using a C clamp to hold in place. These units can go on a table or use their own support system! but I found it was to light and liable to be knocked over so had to add Lidl lifting weights to the leg bases. Eoin
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use