I am making my first ever layout i am trying to make harcourt street line im doing harcourt, viaduct at mill town nine arches, dundrum station and foxrock station.

Rate this topic

james1994

3 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Lattice is the design of the post, the one from Dapol is a solid wooden post. Lattice was Metal as per the piccy below.

image.png.67ecd6e64ce8537553489c313d1bb736.png

This one from dapol also would be good 

4L-003-001cropped_1024x1024.jpg

3 minutes ago, james1994 said:

This one from dapol also would be good 

4L-003-001cropped_1024x1024.jpg

Only bummer with signal is its upper quadrant 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Would anyone know if the motorised signal I got from dapol would work with a z21 signal decoder. I'm trying find out if it has momentary switching in the z 21 signal decoder so works with the dapol motorised signal.

I haven't bought the decoder yet.

10836-schraeg.png

IMG20240515104037.jpg

Edited by james1994

On 16/5/2024 at 4:14 PM, james1994 said:

Would anyone know if the motorised signal I got from dapol would work with a z21 signal decoder. I'm trying find out if it has momentary switching in the z 21 signal decoder so works with the dapol motorised signal.

Don't know about that decoder. The problem with the Dapol semaphores is the momentary switching as you mention. There are some fixes for this.

MERG has a replacement PCB that changes the operation so you can use a toggle switch. You need to be a MERG member for this and capable of soldering SMD components. I have converted two of these signals so I can testify that it is not too hard to build.

I have seen a kit that uses a toggle switch as input and does the momentary connection for the signal when the switch changes. I think this was from Heathcode, but I am not sure. Problem here is that the unit can get out of sync with the switch.

Dave Fenton of Megapoints produced a Youtube video where he replaced the motor part of the semaphore with a servo. Then he could control the semaphore from his servo controlers and get a nice bounce effect.