Removing paint from MIR resin kits & more!

Rate this topic

tonybonneyba

Evening!

As you may have seen, or may not have seen, im currently working on two second hand MIR resin class 201 locomotive kits, part of which is removing the paint....

That project has progressed tonight,  as i've bought a bigger 'tub' from Tesco, which the locomotive actually fits it!

Couldn't go to my local shop to buy the 'tub', as it's under water at the moment 🙃 

Anyways....

I've redunked the bodyshell into Green Stuff World [GSW from here out] paint remover for a few hours & got some paint off with the new battery-powered toothbrush, at least, until it decided that it had enough.... And after a bit hooking around, i found an old manual toothbrush which i cleaned & started scrubbing the bodyshell again.

The paint is being somewhat stubborn & i now smell like paint stripper  - or so I've been told 😣 

As it's getting late, ive rinsed off the bodyshell with water & left it dry, have put the paint stripper in the sealed tub & rinsed out the other 'tub'.... Guess what i'm doing in a few days! 

We'll get there, eventually. 

Thankfully, from what i can see, theres still no damage to the shell.

20231103_222948.jpg

20231103_222939.jpg

20231103_222930.jpg

20231103_222921.jpg

20231103_222912.jpg

20231103_222907.jpg

20231103_203759.jpg

• Like 4