Digitrak zephyr fault

Rate this topic

Hi all, 

Looking for help , 

I'm currently setting up a 6x4 layout with 3  oval tracks connected together with left and right hand points. I have only one power point connected to the outer track and the dcc zephyr ,  I'm wondering should the two inner tracks have   looped power from the outer track ?

Because when I change over points to the inner tracks the power dies off and stops the loco.

Posted (edited)

You need to connect each of the 3 oval tracks to the Zephyr, either by loops from the 1st track or wired directly to the Zephyr. An important factor to remember is that the power feed should be at the toe rather than at the crossing end of the point otherwise the power to the section may be switched off when you change a point.Selfisolatingpointwiring.thumb.jpg.204fc0b05220033206b6aa9ee7415cdf.jpg

Unfortunately there is a bit more to DCC wiring than two wires from the controller to the track, there are some useful on-line resources including https://4dpnr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/DCC_Wiring.pdf

Edited by Mayner
  • Informative 1