round top boiler J15 discovery

Rate this topic

Scots Mac

Hi Guys been browsing the net looking at various locos and kits and came across this loco I'd never seen or heard of before.

An English Southern 01 0-6-0 apparently. This loco and tender resin casting is available from Golden Arrow models and damn me if it doesn't look like a dead ringer for an Irish round top boilered J15.Fits on a Hornby 0-6-0 chassis,thought I was seeing things..... a few wee extra details on the loco and it would pass muster as a J15 to my eyes no ?? Round top boiler j15 model.jpg

Hi Nelson , typical,I find this model after buying two Deans Goods for conversion and have already started to them. Mind you they have belpaire fireboxes . Just shows you though eh ? I've also noticed today that the tenders attached tp the new Bachmann Great Central engines and "Scottish" directors are damned close to the type of tenders attached to the irish 400 4-6-0s.However I don't see any on ebay as spares yet .

Hi Nelson , I'll see how I get on with the 2 deans goods. I've already buffed off the Great Western steam domes. I was going to leave one with its belpaire firebox and do the other as a round top but after having found this other loco I probably will buy one. What northern irish engines look like this ?? DAVY

Edited by Scots Mac