Cv values

Rate this question

MadBenNI

Question

2 answers to this question

15 hours ago, MadBenNI said:

I'm planning to change my cv values of my steam locos so it is easier to consist, as the 3 main ones I use are all completely different. 

The main CVs affecting inertia, acceleration, declarations rates are CV 2,5,6,3 and 4, and BEMF setting, or possible a load of CVs of a speed curve has been specified by a single bit in CV29.  Ideally to double head (consist) a pair of locos, they should be the same type of loco, or very similar, both be running free and run-in as well as each other.  Then setting the CVs the same makes sense.  However especially with steam models you may find you need to adjust the settings to more closely match the speeds of the two locos and their acceleration rates.  Even with identical locos they will never run identically, with one pushing a little more that the other or pulling a little more, but once they are not a million miles away especially and average cruising speed its not a problem.  Don't know if that answers what I think your question was or not, but sure there you go. :) 

PS: Tip measure the speed of the two locos individually at low, mid and high speeds to find out if there are significant differences between them.

Edited by Noel
blatsed typo lexdysia