Scale Trains SDL39 [SXT70037]

Rate this topic

Received my two Scale Trains SDL39s during the week. Completely blown away by the quality and detail of this model. The cost to me works out at around €300 each but cheaper than purchasing same in Europe. They are HO scale and roughly the same length as the I.R.M. A Class which is suitable for my needs as I only operate my stock on a single oval track. It was a bit of a gamble buying something that I could only view online but, just as with the I.R.M. As, the picture/videos didn't do them any justice. At the moment they are competing with the silver As for my affections. Very tempted to buy a couple of more and considering getting the DCD + sound versions. These locomotives are ideal for short freight consists, now it's a matter of deciding which wagons I want to go with them, however, I'll hold off for a while until our friends [I.R.M] make new announcements.

Hi All,

After almost 54 years on this planet I've figured out how to upload photos onto this forum. See pictures below of the fantastic Scale Trains SDL39. You'd need a magnifying glass to pick out all of the details. The images have been taken indoors under artificial light so you won't be able to appreciate how good these locomotives are. Very tempted to purchase two more, later versions, with DCC + sound.

20220425_012932.jpg

20220425_012833.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My SXT70032 x2 arrived yesterday. They are my first DCC + sound locomotives but I only have a conventional DC layout so not reaping the benefits of having them chipped, however, I decided it was time to join the twenty first century so will upgrade my controller/transformer to DCC. The four ScaleTrains SDL39 locomotives will be the only North Armerican locomotives I'll be purchasing - just have to decide which freight wagons to go with them. Will have to trim my Fleischmann stock [DB AG] but that's a lot easier to say than do. I'll post pictures of the SXT70032 when the weather conditions are suitable - it was fairly dull today and, really, there's nothing like a nice bit of sunshine to highlight the details on models.

• Like 2

Tá díoma orm. Hadn't noticed until I looked at the last image (above) of SDL39 #582 that the pilots at each end are drooping. This is not what you'd expect from a €400+ locomotive, will contact ScaleTrains - they have a video on YouTube as regards to fixing this issue. Surprised that it got past quality control. Would have expected that the retailer could have remedied this problem before sending it on to me.