Side profile photos or drawings of the ex BR Mk1 BSK GSVs (3177TL to 3192TL)

Rate this topic

I am planning to build a GSV based on the ex BR MK1 BSK coach and am having difficulty in finding decent side profile photos.  Does anyone know if such pictures exist or if there are any drawings available?

Is 3185 accessible to take photos?  I understand it belongs to the RPSI but their website states it is at Inchicore.

Edited by kevin_gal
  • Like 2

Hi

Several good folk have done conversions and shown on here and there is a Silverfox Resin one piece bodyshell.  Also etched overlay sides from PH Designs which are very fine and have separately applied window frames.   Well worth checking out.      IIRC there are also sides by Bill Bedford as 4mm brass eches. 

Steve at Railtec does a set of transfers for the RPSI  gen coach for a few pounds if that is the one you want. SSM models do a set of transfers for GSV vehicles  and while fragile are a lovely piece of work - you do get spares! 

Cheers

Robert   

Thanks Robert,

I contacted Silver Fox about buying a GSV but they never responded so I have bought a Bachmann mk1 BSK on ebay with the view to modify sides and build additional items. I have gathered some exterior photos online but can't find any interior shots. Without detailed photos there will be some guesswork on dimensions but hopefully I can put some reasonable drawings together for the modifications.

I will check out Railtec and SSM for the transfers.

Edited by kevin_gal