Very Positive Experience of Integrated Rail Infrastructure

Rate this topic

Rush and Lusk

While we read/hear about, and perhaps experience, various negative stories about the national rail transport system, there is much to be positive about, and I'd like to very briefly share my own immediate experience. Yesterday I took a DART from a Dublin suburban station to Connolly, walked straight on to the LUAS red Line, 15 minutes directly to Heuston, Main Line service to Westport - today I did the same journey in reverse. The experience was excellent, and very easily achievable with minimum planning. I fully accept that this experience is not available to all, but this is just to illustrate how an integrated service, across three different rail systems can work. Small footnote: we had to wait a while at Manulla Junction to facilitate a failed timber train (Locomotive 086 I think). 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Rush and Lusk said:

While we read/hear about, and perhaps experience, various negative stories about the national rail transport system, there is much to be positive about, and I'd like to very briefly share my own immediate experience. Yesterday I took a DART from a Dublin suburban station to Connolly, walked straight on to the LUAS red Line, 15 minutes directly to Heuston, Main Line service to Westport - today I did the same journey in reverse. The experience was excellent, and very easily achievable with minimum planning. I fully accept that this experience is not available to all, but this is just to illustrate how an integrated service, across three different rail systems can work. Small footnote: we had to wait a while at Manulla Junction to facilitate a failed timber train (Locomotive 086 I think). 

Correct Rusk & Lusk-an assisting locomotive (076) was sent from Ballina to Claremorris to haul back the timber train and 086 to platform two in Claremorris,

The Ballina branch train was delayed departing by 14 mins until 076 cleared off the branch at Manulla jctn hence the wait at the jctn for the 13:10 service. 
Normal service was resumed from Claremorris. 

• Like 4
  • Informative 1