Eduard Mirage III 1/48

Rate this topic

Hi Lads

Bought this kit ages ago and has been part of the stash for a long while , With the Demise of Humbrol availability in Ireland as Marks are no longer stocking it and I could not be arsed mixing Revell paints.Time was needed for a change and I found AK Provide complete paint sets but these were Acrylic, Something I stayed away from as mixing and matching enamels can lead to disaster. This one I plumed for was the Israeli paint set and I had  This kit and a Italieri F-16B in waiting to be done.

The Eduard kit was billed as a weekend edition but did not say how many weekends and it turn out to be a dog of a kit and is on the go now for a while the fit being pretty bad. The Final Gloss coat going on over the weekend and now being left to cook before the washed go one.

The AK paints go on quite well, Take a bit of getting used to and I reckon as only good through a top feed airbrush as the paint separates from the thinner after a short while. one downside is that the paint are so thin they can easily rub off so a primer is recommended even though the 'Influencers' tell you otherwise.

Happy with the Results so far.

Marks stock the AK range now in their shops to so happy days.

image.png

20230320_161042.jpg

20230320_161022.jpg

20230320_161028.jpg

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 6