CVR Unit in Donegal livery?

Rate this question

David Holman

Question

Clogher Valley Railcar No1 went to the Donegal, becoming their No10. They took the 'Unit' too, which was exchangeable with the power unit of the railcar. Indeed, I believe the latter soon became part of Railcar 10, following accident damage to the other power unit. However, what if the Unit had survived as a separate tractor/loco, complete with its wagon body? It could have been very useful for light freight or even passenger haulage and if so, what would the livery have been?

Am assuming the cab would have been as per Railcar 10, but what about that wagon body? Would this have been painted in the geranium red, or left in wagon grey?

Am in the process of converting both my CVR models to Donegal form, along with the Atkinson Walker tractor to Phoenix, so any ideas welcome please.

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

46 minutes ago, David Holman said:

Clogher Valley Railcar No1 went to the Donegal, becoming their No10. They took the 'Unit' too, which was exchangeable with the power unit of the railcar. Indeed, I believe the latter soon became part of Railcar 10, following accident damage to the other power unit. However, what if the Unit had survived as a separate tractor/loco, complete with its wagon body? It could have been very useful for light freight or even passenger haulage and if so, what would the livery have been?

Am assuming the cab would have been as per Railcar 10, but what about that wagon body? Would this have been painted in the geranium red, or left in wagon grey?

Am in the process of converting both my CVR models to Donegal form, along with the Atkinson Walker tractor to Phoenix, so any ideas welcome please.

Probably same as their lorries - mid-to-light (wagon) grey body, red & cream cab!

Crest on cab side, “C D R” on “wagon” dropsides….

(Unless they decided that it qualified as a “red wagon”!)

• Thanks 1