An Post delivery times (Within Ireland)

Rate this topic

irishmail

Has any one had delays with delivery of items posted within Ireland?  

I posted two items on Friday 12th July,  one was delivered yesterday (Monday) morning, the other according to tracking is still sitting in Portlaoise sorting depot.  Seems strange how two items posted on same day but difference in processing.  Maybe  Anpost have started imposing customs duties if you are sending to different counties, lol  :) .

Edited by irishmail

Hi Irishmail,

If one of them was the one you sent to me I got it this morning safe and sound, just met the post man on my way out. 

Agree about the strange timings though, I've often sent cards or small parcels to Kildare from my local village post office and they'll arrive the next day, but have sent from larger towns and they can take 3 or 4 days to arrive!

• Thanks 1

I don’t think it’s any better on the big island. Many times I’ve posted more than one item to the same address at the same time, usually returning goods I might add, and Royal Mail delivers them at vastly different times.

Stephen