Rate this question

Wrong Side Of The Track

Question

Hi Everyone :tumbsup:

New to the forum.

I went a bit mad and bought three trains :P

Two 201's

One 181

I want to use these with dcc. I have being looking at a nce power cab - starter set.http://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24_111&products_id=487

Would ye recommend this controller for the trains above?

Also im interested in expanding the fleet already(eyeing up a 141),

would this controller be able to handle four trains running at the same time?

Im sure ill have further questions!!

Thanks for helping :banana:

6 answers to this question

Hi,

To start, welcome back to the hobby.

You have 3 great engines to get you going once again.

The NCE isn't a bad system at all for those beginning in DCC but you may be pushing it a little hard to run 4 trains at a time with the low amperage being delivered.

The below table may help in looking at what systems are available and you may end up finding one that does more for a similar price:

DCC Analysis.jpg

DCC Analysis.jpg

Welcome man,

Anto is a Powercab user and from what he has said there should be more than enough power for running those 4 trains at once.

I'm sure he'll chime in at some stage with more info for you.

I only got back into the hobby myself after 20+ years, and decided very early on to go the DCC route. I myself went for the Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance 2 and it more than meets my requirements. But shop around and get as much advice as you can before deciding on a system. There are a couple of other threads about this subject in the Q+A section, have a read!

The NCE isn't a bad system at all for those beginning in DCC but you may be pushing it a little hard to run 4 trains at a time with the low amperage being delivered.

@ Railway Lyons you couldn't be further from the truth don't knock the Power Cab its one of the best systems out there and is more than adequate for what Wrong side of the track needs. You should have read about the test I did with the Power Cab in the second link below.

Before we discuss any more on DCC this topic has been covered

HERE http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/270-Converting-to-DCC

AND HERE http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/281-Sound-on-the-201-some-questions

There is no point in us talking about it for a 3rd time

BTW Welcome to the site Wrong side of the track ( I do wish you would have picked a shorter name) =))

Edited by Anthony