LEAP CARD Top-Up in Shops/Stores

Rate this topic

Blu Bianco

Just a word of warning to any of those who may need this service, last weekend my girlfriend and I were asked to pay a 50 cent charge, each, for the 'pleasure' of topping up our cards by a certain store in the City Centre.

To be fair to the clerk, he seemed quite apologetic about it, the usual 'its come from management' expression, which I can well believe.

I don't know if this is widely prevalent, has anyone else encountered this? I'd say we would be told it is the perogative of the business providing the service but I wonder are Dublin Bus/Irish Rail etc, fully aware of this. Either way, it seems counter-active to the whole idea of the system, and also as a consequence, I certainly won't be going back to that store to make any LEAP or non-LEAP Card purchases ever again. Backfired on them big-time!

Its becoming very prevalent here now that more and more businesses are making you feel that they are going out of their way to 'do you a favour' by offering a service. If more people stood up to the shoddy treatment we get across all fronts, and blanked the businesses that we feasibly can blank, then things would be better.

Edited by Blu Bianco