Vallejo Primer troubles

Rate this question

Jimbo325ci

Question

Hey Guys

Vallejo and many other people suggest using them straight from the bottle, just increase the air pressure.

I've tried this and even using a .5mm needle/nozzle the airbrush clogs almost instantly, or spits the paint out.

Anyone have any hands on experience and if so do you suffer the same probs?

Thanks

Jamie

4 answers to this question

The vallejo primers are not to be thinned. I've never thinned them as they are especially formulated. Problem here is the airbrush - take off the outer shield, the nozzle cover, and the nozzle itself and clean then until you can see your face in them.

Then attack the inside of the nozzle with the needle aggressively. Therein lies your problem Jamie!

Thanks lads.

Richie I normally break down the airbrush and give it a good clean after each session. I've done what you said again in the hope that will solve it. Will be away for 2 weeks so will update this when I get back to let you know how it worked out.

Did as advised above to no use - I did notice a tiny lip on the inside of the nozzle so maybe that's catching the paint and causing it to clog.

I decided to order new nozzles & needles from Alison which arrived today....will get back on the results.

As a matter of interest, I recently sprayed some white Vallejo primer and while it wasn't perfect it did spray better than the grey previously used. I have another bottle of grey I'll try as I've read the Vallejo stuff can go bad....