oo Gauge shunting layout proposed

Rate this topic

NarrowGauge

Hi there I recently acquired a load of oo Gauge four wheel vans I thinking about about doing a shunting layout so my question is which era did the four wheels vans go out of traffic so I can get the livery right for the Locos used on the layout thanks in advance 

I forgot to mention that some are with the snail logo and some have the C.I.E round logo 

The loose coupled trains largely disappeared in 1975, though a few operations continued a little longer.

Loco livery would be “supertrain” with an occasional black’n’tan still about.

Wagon livery for 1973-5:

Goods vans: about two thirds of them were brown all over, rest grey all over. A handful of the grey ones still with snails.

Open wagons: no wooden sided ones left in traffic. Bullied opens all grey (and dirt!) all over.

Brake vans: all brown. No grey ones left in traffic.

Fitted container flats: all brown.

Carriages: all black’n’tan except new Mk 2.

Don’t forget: nothing ever had a black chassis or roof. Brown wagon - brown chassis. Grey wagon - grey chassis.

If you go for 1971-3, fewer brown wagons, fewer supertrain liveried locos. Prior to 1972, all locos black’n’tan. Prior to 1970, no brown wagons, but a few wooden opens still about.

Hope that’s helpful.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...