lighting for hornby 0-6-0 08 diesel shunter

Rate this question

controller

Question

Hi, I bought a set of lights for my 08 0-6-0 diesel shunter, from expressmodels.uk. I wired them to a Hornby R8249 decoder. So far the white lights for forward and reverse work ok. One red light will turn on with F1, the other red will come on with F2, but does not remain on.I cannot get the light for the cab to come on at all. Does anyone know about these lights, and how to get them to work properly. I use a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance controller.

Thanks,

Controller.

2 answers to this question

Hi controller

That chip only has 2 switch-able functions! the green wire & the purple.

F2 not staying on sounds like your controller is set for momentary switch like a toot on your horn! need to refer to the manual to switch that off, or remap what you want to switch to F3.

If those red lights are directional loco rear? they should be switched by the directional wires- directional light wires are white for front & yellow for rear. One has to wire up so that the white & red lights alternate depending on direction.

Then you have 2 function switches to play with- use one of these for cab light, and for maximum coolness wire up the cabs for the two functions and then only the front cab light can be switched- in each direction.

Eoin

oops! an 08 only has one cab- even better a free function switch!!

Edited by murrayec

Thanks Eoin,  Appreciate your reply. As you say, F2 is for toot on the horn. I need to keep this, for sound decoders on my 071 and 201. I have the decoder wires soldered to the correct colour wires on the lighting unit. There is a red and white light for the front of the loco, and a red and white for the rear, and a white light for the cab. Is there a way to get these functioning correctly by changing CVs. I have been helped before to change CVs, by lads on this forum, but I need help with this one.

Thanks Again,

Controller.