John's Workbench a Mixed Bunch

Rate this topic

Mayner

Its getting embarrassing this I have been dragging this thread out for so long I decided to finish the F & the J26 to start clearing a backlog of unfinished projects before starting a new layout, but just seem to drag the whole thing out even longer.

DSCF8516.JPG

Externally the F Class is starting to look the part, though it needs number and makers plates, couplers and another coat of paint before weathering.

DSCF8518.JPG

I chickened out on working headlights and did not realise the chopper coupler was upside down. The nearest 9mm group run DCC so there is a decoder to think about. Probably Cristal Clear for the headlamp.

The cow catcher also acts as a shunter's platform, need a weather beaten figure in a slouch hat, dark shirt or singlet and shorts sitting on the buffer beam smoking a Woodbine or roll your own.

DSCF8519.JPG

I also chickened out of modelling the various electrical conduits and wiring between the turbo generator and the headlights. The cab interior needs work I first lost the reversing lever, then found it and lost the brake lever. The interior is woefully tight to fit the various castings and a crew. There is some metal work to be done inside the bunker before I add coal.

Completion of the J26 now seems to be on standby pending the completion of a couple of 650 Class 2-4-0s and starting work on the layout. Detail wise and mechanically the engine is basically complete with a replacement set of coupling rods ready, just electrical pick-ups to sort out.