Hornby was making their fourth BR Standard Class 6 'Clan' model?!

Rate this topic

seanrail

As you may know, Hornby announced doing an OO Gauge BR Standard Class 6 'Clan' Pacific model in 2009, and between that and 2010, they made three Clan models, which are:

• R2846/X BR Standard Class 6 Clan 72000 'Clan Buchanan' in BR Lined Green Early Emblem
  • R2847/X BR Standard Class 6 Clan 72008 'Clan Macleod' in BR Lined Green Late Crest
  • R2925/X BR Standard Class 6 Clan 72005 'Clan Macgregor' in BR Lined Green Late Crest

But, while searching through the Hattons Model Railway a few weeks back I came across this:

http://www.hattons.co.uk/34571/Hornby_R2969_Clan_Class_4_6_2_72002_Clan_Campbell_BR_will_feature_as_part_of_the_Hornby_2011_/StockDetail.aspx

It turns out Hornby was going to make a fourth Clan model: 72002 'Clan Campbell' in BR Lined Green Late Crest! It's product description from Hattons is, and I quote: "This item was announced in the Hornby Collectors club magazine in August 2010. The item was then planned to be part of the 2011 range but was not amongst the items announced on December 25th 2010."

Took me by surprise!

28 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

It is certainly a nice loco, I was very tempted to get one when they arrived into Marks Models but it operated way too north for me unfortunately.

The fact that the real Clans operated in North Western England and Scotland would probably explain why the Hornby has not made anymore Clan models recently, despite the fact old footage and images proved that they did travelled further south on occasion.