Diy tips

Rate this topic

spudfan

This has nothing to do with the model railway side of things but it might be of benefit to someone in real life.

For mixing paint I use an old paint bucket with a hole in the lid. I put the mixing paddle through the hole, close the lid and attach it to the drill. I can then mix the paint without any splashes.
I needed some countersinks for a project I was working on (a picnic bench). I bought some but they came in a blister pack which was no good for storage. I used an off cut of wood to make a storage rack for them. I used each item to make a hole for itself. I also made a storage hole for the Allen key that is used to loosen and tighten the grub screw on the countersinks. This fits in the drill case.

IMG_6458.thumb.JPG.e0cf57aa6cd31cee5dced138316914d2.JPG

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

Edited by spudfan

Now all you have to do is remember to put it back in the drill case.

Here's my DIY tip: Don't try to install a GRP shed roof unless you do it for a living, and if you do, charge the earth for it. I came within an ace of going headfirst through the (to be installed) skylight when it suddenly rained (after a fine forecast till it didn't matter) and I had to drag the tarpaulin over at an indecent speed. Just- set resin is very slippery! Next time a roof is needed, I'll consider the advantages of getting wet.