The Grand River Railway Company.

Rate this topic

patrick

The Grand River Railway is what was the North end of the former B&O Lake branch from Youngstown to Fairport Harbor Ohio. The line was abandoned north of Warren by CSX In the early eighties except for a two and a half mile section between Painsville and Grand River which was taken over by Conrail who ran the line until 2002. The line lay dormant until it was reopened in  2015  by a new shortline the Grand River Railway. At present the line serves just one customer, a large salt mine at Grand River. Power is all leased four axel GM's, a GP-10 and a GP40-2 which is paired with a slug manufactured from a GP-35. Both are former B&O units.   Although the line is only ten miles from my home its weekday operations make it difficult for me to railfan. Today however I got lucky  catching a train of fifteen loaded hoppers from the mine at Grand River and the interchange with CSX in Painsville.                          

0920181149.jpg

0920181252a.jpg

0920181250g.jpg

0920181150.jpg

0920181135b.jpg

0920181149b.jpg

• Like 3