Jump to content

Maitland

Members
  • Posts

    128
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Maitland

  1. New member Maitland here- named after the Isle of Man Beyer Peacock 2-4-0T- having been out of modelling for many years while running a small electronics business and raising kids. My interests have always been the slightly off centre- narrow gauge, broad gauge, the ramshackle and the racketty, might-have-beens and so on. Anyway, I recently opened some boxes still as packed when we moved house twenty years ago, and thought maybe it's time to make something of the contents. My part- built SSM J26 looks a little sad and battered now, but I expect it will spruce up and I'll get round to finishing it. I've got to find the Scalefour Society 21mm track gauge, that must be in another box somewhere, and make up something to run it on. And get a few of the Worseley Works MGWR carriages. Nothing too big, there's still a lot of diplomatic work to be done as regards somewhere to put the layout. One thing I have done while I've been away is learned to use CAD, and I recently created this drawing of an SL&NC 0-6-4T - the forum doesn't seem to allow an attachment big enough to see it properly, but if anyone likes it and wants it as PDF or DXF just ask. I think it's mostly almost accurate. Anyway, times have moved on a long way since I last broke a piercing saw blade, so I'm sure I'll be asking for lots of advice over the next few months. It looks as though there's a lot of expertise to draw on here.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use