Modern unique or notable technology on Irish railways - any examples?

Rate this topic

I have just started an apprenticeship with Network Rail in Scotland. One of our research tasks is to find out about an "overseas" railway. One aspect of that research is to look into unique or notable technology on the given network.

For wholly biased reasons I want to research Irish railways. However, I am not familiar enough with the modern context to have any idea about the technology question.

Can anyone suggest a unique or notable technology in use on an Irish railway, please?

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply jhb171achill. 

I probably should have specified that this is only one of many minor assignments and that the expectation is that the technology aspect would only take about four hours to research and write up.

The implication is to look at a technology that Network Rail might learn something from. Other than that, there is no other criteria.

So if you have any suggestions, track-related or otherwise, I'd be delighted to hear them.

37 minutes ago, flowcoach said:

Thanks for your reply jhb171achill. 

I probably should have specified that this is only one of many minor assignments and that the expectation is that the technology aspect would only take about four hours to research and write up.

The implication is to look at a technology that Network Rail might learn something from. Other than that, there is no other criteria.

So if you have any suggestions, track-related or otherwise, I'd be delighted to hear them.

I will PM you.

• Like 2