Mainline OO Gauge o-6-0T Class J72 Loco

Rate this question

burnthebox

Question

3 answers to this question

On mine there's a set of lugs just above the rear buffer beam that you need to disengage - If I remember rightly, you need to squeeze the sides of the coal bunker slightly. I won't kid you tho' - it's not an easy job, you're always waiting for the almighty KERR-ACCKKK! as the loco splits in two. The other problem is that the chassis casting on some of the Mainline and Bachmann stuff has got brittle over time.... Do I need to mention that the axles tend to split too?

-Rob

On mine there's a set of lugs just above the rear buffer beam that you need to disengage - If I remember rightly, you need to squeeze the sides of the coal bunker slightly. I won't kid you tho' - it's not an easy job, you're always waiting for the almighty KERR-ACCKKK! as the loco splits in two. The other problem is that the chassis casting on some of the Mainline and Bachmann stuff has got brittle over time.... Do I need to mention that the axles tend to split too?

-Rob

Hi Guys & thanks, yes it's a bugger to open & yes Rob I was expecting to hear that KERR-ACCKKK! but got away with it, but it seem's the axles may have gone, (bit of history with this engine part of a set, deal with that later) so when I get the time I'll need to get someone on here to have a look at it, also I have got my paws on a Lima Class 55 (also a bit of history with this ) which is a non runner, tested it on the rolling road but no go. I don't know what could be wrong, body is in perfect condition. I'm have no knowledge when it comes to engines that don't run when you put them on the rails and throw the switch, :-bd