From a while back...

Rate this topic

spudfan

Many moons ago when I was a wee wain, the family went by train from Dublin to Galway. When we got to Galway my father went to the luggage van to collect my pram, and there it was...gone. Despite having a luggage destination tag on it, it had been put off somewhere else. Anyway it turned up  before the holiday was finished. A well travelled pram! 

• Like 3

A friend of mine had his 3-litre Capri stolen in July 1976. He reported it and started the insurance palaver. After several weeks, there was still no report of it anywhere and the insurance money finally arrived, so he could see about a replacement.

Three days later, he got up to go searching for a 'new' car and there it was, on the drive, cleaned and with 4,000 miles extra on the clock. By this stage, it was still a stolen car and it didn't belong to him any more. After some argy-bargy with the cops and the insurance company, he bought it back with the money they'd given him for it, although they initially demanded more than they had told him it was worth...

It was never resolved where it had been all those weeks. The consensus was that somebody had probably 'borrowed' it to go around Europe in the hot summer of that year.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1