Mk3 Generator Van

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

Hi, 

Check overall length is it an old hornby shorty? Mk3s have 8 windows but you might be able to add plastic card to add length but roof might be fun - extending it around the roof access panels would seem easiest way to hide the work.   

Have fun on the ends removing hinges and filling door lines. steps to come off and curve continued. Adding middle vehicle steps will need notching of the curve  but worthwhile on the etched version Also oval buffers to be added so some work to be had. 

good luck ! 

Robert 

• Like 1

On 31/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, Robert Shrives said:

Hi, 

Check overall length is it an old hornby shorty? Mk3s have 8 windows but you might be able to add plastic card to add length but roof might be fun - extending it around the roof access panels would seem easiest way to hide the work.   

Have fun on the ends removing hinges and filling door lines. steps to come off and curve continued. Adding middle vehicle steps will need notching of the curve  but worthwhile on the etched version Also oval buffers to be added so some work to be had. 

good luck ! 

Robert 

Hornby R439 230mm x30mm. Same size as adhesive panels. Just need to apply some transfers.

6F1076DC-36E0-482D-B029-87FDD4B61C2A.jpeg

• Like 2

Overlays give a good start I guess printing limitations mean grills are as they are but not sure how you get round them being a bit close together.   I Found from Ventura models some 3D printed grills started for a slow burn project gen car. - albeit I used them on a dutch eth conversion.

Have fun and look forward to seeing the finished models. 

robert