Bachmann Irish Pub

Rate this topic

Sleeper

I would be interested to hear any replies on this as I am also looking for signage for a scratch buillt pub on my layout. Would prefer Guinness, but would take Harp or Beamish etc, But not Smithwicks uuughhh,,,,,, 😝

• Funny 2

• 1 month later...

When you say decal sheets?  What are they then? Any progress with them.? I am tempted to just print off Guinness signage and have a go at making up signs myself........Dunno how successful they would be though. Only one way to find out I suppose

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/5/2023 at 5:18 PM, Sleeper said:

Looking for Guiness decals for Bachmann Irish Pub if anyone can recommend somewhere to order from. Thanks

20230513_220700.jpg

I know this was posted awhile ago but I just saw these on eBay - maybe they’d be of use?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/171797279592?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=6xtRIJjQTcW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mP3JiGpWQ8C&var=470740089404&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 3

Hi Sleeper,

Perhaps this may be relevant/useful. I try to "localise" the standard card kits, mostly Metcalfe, plus a couple from Superquick. I search on Google for the desired image/brand, select the best quality I can identify & extract, print to my home printer (will have to experiment with sizing), cut to size and stick on the building. Below are a couple of images from the Coaching Inn kit by Metcalfe (OO), with signage for my local pub, Gleesons of Booterstown (this is definitely not my best work, and it doesn't really look like this, but there are sufficient similarities to satisfy me and pass the 2 metre viewing distance rule  🙂).  

George

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys for not getting back sooner, was away on hols. Thanks for your replies and suggestions, in the mean time I've fixed a few decals and as this is all new to me I've had a few learning curves with the different types of decal paper etc. Just needs a final spray of lacquer on the decals

20230721_213940.jpg

20230721_214159.jpg

Edited by Sleeper
  • Like 7