Murphy's Wharf

Rate this topic

Murph

Moved topic to Irish Model Layouts, decided to change the name to Murphy's Wharf (feels more personal y'know ?) although me mothers maiden name was O'Connell,  the wooden spoon will be out in Heaven when she get's wind of this, sorry Mam.  Shan't bother repeating the pics, if anyone missed them they're in General Chat under the " I'm Back" title.  Spent all day yesterday finishing little jobs I've been putting off for weeks, gaps along elevated sections of roads that needing filling with retaining walls, chimney pots I'd knocked off leaning over stuff etc etc,  Pictures soon of latest updates.  Made some decent fencing out of painted matchsticks and brass strip that I had left off a huge pirate ship I built earlier on this year, named it Grace O'Malley after the notorious Irish female pirate,  must post an off subject pic of her someday she has coloured remote control lighting and took 4 months to build.  Got a new loco arriving tomorrow A Lima HL 2314 tank, tall chimney very much Narrow Gaugey, I'm sure I must have

shares with Amazon by now.  

Murph 

• Like 3

OK Derek will do, station access is now from the other end as it clears room at the harbour end for coal and water platform, bus stop moved to top road and ticket office with steps leading down to platform built, track altered so I can now accommodate two trains. 

Edited by Murph
  • Like 2

Right, Next project, gonna attempt this beauty, I may be some time on this one, it'll look a lot better than the engine shed which is where it's going to be placed when I've built it.  OMG where to put the engine shed ????   Oh well...............................  🙄

bw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • WOW! 1

BTW , still can't get tablet to pair with laptop so ordered a digital camera from guess where ?  Amazon !!!!   Coming Wednesday with 32mb storage card and USB connection, 18X Zoom, Macro, Auto Focus and 3" screen, only €45, all reviews are good so I'll give it a lash.

Christ on a Bike, this is sooooooooooo complicated, a few tweaks I think  😕

Hold my hands up and surrender, something similar I think, have to admit this one is way too beyond my capabilities, still gonna press on though, watch this space for breaking news.

OK  above building has been put on hold for the time being , its on hold so decided to make something similar, Ill go back to it at some stage, here's some pics of the process of the alternative.......And the coal staithes and steps from last week.

Sorry there's quite a few but I know yous lot love the pics :dancing:

IMG_20230914_102127[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_102134[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_102145[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_102151[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_102214[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_102235[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_093507[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_102111[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_101937[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_101904[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_101918[1].jpg

IMG_20230914_101930[1].jpg

IMG_20230902_184439[1].jpg

• Like 10

Decided to utilise the space on the right with above building and the previous one (Cheeky Bugger Pub, Tobacco Shop and Gus O'Connors) by grouping them at right angles to each other and demolishing a small hill (The cows weren't impressed and the digger hire cost a fortune) It's raised above existing track by 12cm,  now after 4 days work of measuring so that the trains passed under OK, cutting, painting, waiting for glue to set and quite a few other bits n pieces It's complete.  Looking good , Pics will follow when I have a bit more time, Impromptu gig with the band later and a few complimentary Beamish from Keiron the owner, update soon

Murph

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Name now sorted, It's gonna be called "KILGARVAN WHARF" , Kilgarvan is a pretty village in Co. Kerry but is also the name of the area we live in here in Cobh.

Now transferring all further posts to a new thread called "KILGARVAN WHARF"

See ye all there for all posts on the new layout.

Sláinte , Murph

• Like 1