UK HST (Intercity 125) in Mexico

Rate this topic

Following on from the posts in this thread, here's a video of a UK HST (Intercity 125) on trial in Mexico in October 2023.

I quite like the livery!

These two posts:

On 12/2/2024 at 3:09 PM, Moxy said:

Yes, Angel Trains have sold some former British HST's to Mexico.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/more-british-high-speed-trains-head-to-mexico/

On 12/2/2024 at 12:34 PM, LNERW1 said:

A couple of really interesting photoshops in there- one thing that particularly interests me is the 66’s in IÉ and NIR livery. Considering the 66’s have been exported to other countries, and with Ireland’s strong attachment to American traction, I think re-gauged 66s are not a total impossibility on Irish metals someday. It won’t happen, but not because it can’t. As a matter of fact re-gauging has fascinated me for ages. I think re-gauging the older UK locos and stock for IÉ and NIR use would be a great way to keep the classics (37s, 43s) around, while also making room for their replacements. It was done with the Jinties, and diesel and electric locos are arguably just as easy to regauge- they don’t have outside cylinders getting in the way. I’ll keep the rest of my opinions on this in a different topic, but just one more thing- I have seen a video of something that is either a HST or an XPT being tested in a South or Central American country- any info on that either? (In another topic please)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Following on from the posts in this thread, here's a video of a UK HST (Intercity 125) on trial in Mexico in October 2023.

I quite like the livery!

These two posts:

Thanks for the help with that. I saw a post in a Facebook group a while ago, in Spanish, which Google translated to something along the lines of:”the British train being tested near (a place I can’t remember the name of).

47 minutes ago, LNERW1 said:

Thanks for the help with that. I saw a post in a Facebook group a while ago, in Spanish, which Google translated to something along the lines of:”the British train being tested near (a place I can’t remember the name of).

Searchability on Facebook, and social media in general, tends to be quite poor, and many posts lack sources / references.

Often best to bookmark the url to the post, take a screenshot, and email both to yourself with a subject that you're likely to remember.

Translation was pretty accurate at least.

47 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Searchability on Facebook, and social media in general, tends to be quite poor, and many posts lack sources / references.

Often best to bookmark the url to the post, take a screenshot, and email both to yourself with a subject that you're likely to remember.

Translation was pretty accurate at least.

Thanks.