DCC questions

Rate this question

201bhoy

Question

18 answers to this question

Guys, does anyone have a prodigy express and could tell me how to adjust the volume? Also, what should I set the starting voltage as when programming a loco?

The volume is controlled by the loco's decoder so you can adjust each one individually. This is done by programming the relevant CV for the decoder, can't think offhand which CV it is on Modelsshopbelfast decoders. You should have a sheet with the decoder that will tell you which CV to adjust.

Then you need to refer to your DCC controller manual for how to reprogramme decoder CV's. Don't worry, it's very simple with Prodigy controllers!

Also, what should I set the starting voltage as when programming a loco?

Sorry I forgot to answer the second question! Most decoders wont need you to adjust the start voltage but the idea is to have the loco moving smoothly at it's slowest possible speed. This will vary from loco to loco as some have better motors and mechanisms that others, the MM stuff is top notch so you don't really have to do anything with them.

When you're programming with the Prodigy it cycles through the most commonly used CV's like start voltage, top voltage, acceleration, etc. just for convenience but you don't have to enter a value for them.

Guys, I tried to program my 141, which has a bachmann 21 pin plugged in. I've numbered it 1 in the address system, and pressed enter for all of the settings after that, like the voltages, without typing anything in like yous said. But it isn't running. Any ideas of why this is?

Guys, I tried to program my 141, which has a bachmann 21 pin plugged in. I've numbered it 1 in the address system, and pressed enter for all of the settings after that, like the voltages, without typing anything in like yous said. But it isn't running. Any ideas of why this is?

Give us some more info....

Did it run under a different address before you tried to reprogram it? How did you reprogram it? Did you use the main track or a separate programming track?

Give us some more info....

Did it run under a different address before you tried to reprogram it? How did you reprogram it? Did you use the main track or a separate programming track?

I used the main track to program it. I've just realised that it runs under the same address as 220. When they're on the track at the same time, they both move, so I thought I might have accidentally set them to double-heading, but when I hold "program" down, which should cancel the double-heading, nothing happened!

No you haven't set them up for doubleheading as such' date=' you have just given them both the same address. The best thing to do is take 220 of the track then reprogramme the 141 to whatever address you want it to have. Personally I use the loco number itself as it's easy to remember.[/quote']

Thanks, but how do I reprogramme the loco? I've pressed program and tried to change the address, but it doesn't change!

You'll have to take one of them off the track like I said because they both have the same address now.

Make sure you select loco 3 then press "PROG" until you see "PROG MAIN TRACK" on the display. Then the first option will be to program the address.

Brilliant! Thanks a lot, both locos separate now!